The Student Room Group

'Evil sexual predator' jailed for life for 136 rapes

A man convicted of 159 sex offences, including 136 rapes, will "never be safe to be released", a judge has said.

Reynhard Sinaga was found guilty of luring 48 men from outside Manchester clubs to his flat, where he drugged and assaulted them - filming the attacks.

Police say they have evidence Sinaga, 36, who is being named for the first time, targeted at least 190 victims.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said Sinaga was "the most prolific rapist in British legal history".

The judge ruled his life sentence must include a minimum of 30 years in jail.

Read more here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was so SO surprised that his main targets were men not women like...I thought men were safe from these kind of things because rapists have no interest in ****ing men, boy was I so wrong.
And what is even more surprising is that this guy had like 4 degrees and was studying for a PhD, so he was kind of living a double life where at day he was a hard working academic, at night he was a rapist.
This guy was so clever and intelligent, it's honestly a pity he threw away his high reputation out of the window by doing this.
Reply 2
Its still baffling that they say, on the one hand, he has a life sentence but on the other say hes theoretically allowed to be released after 30..
Pretty damn horrifying story! O_o
Original post by Napp
Its still baffling that they say, on the one hand, he has a life sentence but on the other say hes theoretically allowed to be released after 30..

Perhaps, but 30 years is a hell of a long time. He'll be nearly 70 when he gets released (unless he is released early). At that age he'll have almost nothing left in the world and he certainly won't be in any good position to prey on people again.
Original post by The RAR
I was so SO surprised that his main targets were men not women like...I thought men were safe from these kind of things because rapists have no interest in ****ing men, boy was I so wrong.
And what is even more surprising is that this guy had like 4 degrees and was studying for a PhD, so he was kind of living a double life where at day he was a hard working academic, at night he was a rapist.
This guy was so clever and intelligent, it's honestly a pity he threw away his high reputation out of the window by doing this.

I think it’s a pity he wasn’t caught earlier, skinned and thrown in a crocodile pit, but I guess the fact he’s so “clever and intelligent” is more important.
Reply 6
Original post by SHallowvale
Perhaps, but 30 years is a hell of a long time. He'll be nearly 70 when he gets released (unless he is released early). At that age he'll have almost nothing left in the world and he certainly won't be in any good position to prey on people again.

Maybe but on the same token the state then has the problem of trying to potentially reintegrate him into society, a tricky prospect at the best of times never mind for a geriatric rapist.
Original post by The RAR

So many people share the perception that rape must involve a male attacker targeting a female.
Where serial rapists are obvious predators of the male variety opportunistically targeting drunk, unconscious or otherwise helpless females.

It's the clever ones who are sophisticated and highly adept at hiding their evil side that tend to be best at evading detection.
Either never getting caught during their lifetime or avoiding detection for several decades and amassing dozens of victims at the minimum.
In these instances I honestly think we should bring back capital punishment. You don't put dirt in a cell for thirty years in the hopes it will stop messing up the kitchen floor.
Reply 9
@Ciel.

I won't ask you to leave a comment this time, but just tagging you to prove ..it's not as rare as you think.....
People think that the 30 years is lax. But it seems very unlikely a parole board will ever consider letting him out, esp since the Judge deemed it so. It could be another Worboys case where this rapist is never let out. I think that a life sentence was justified and it would be unlikely he'd be released
Reply 11
Original post by Napp

how long is a rape sentence? 10 yrs?

He should be jailed for at least 136x10= 1360 years

where on earth did the 30 day release thing come from?

He should never see the light of day again......
Reply 12
Original post by ANM775
@Ciel.

I won't ask you to leave a comment this time, but just tagging you to prove ..it's not as rare as you think.....

prove what? my point still stands. gay predators are less common purely because there are more straight people in the world. there's nothing for you to 'prove'. anyway, as i've said a couple times before, imho, victims should have the right to execute their rapist. yes, in this case, too. what, are you surprised that i'm not 'siding' with the guy just because he's ****ing gay? honestly, i know i should be flattered by your obsession with me, but you're starting to creep me out.
Reply 13
Original post by Ciel.
prove what? my point still stands. gay predators are less common purely because there are more straight people in the world. there's nothing for you to 'prove'. anyway, as i've said a couple times before, imho, victims should have the right to execute their rapist. yes, in this case, too. what, are you surprised that i'm not 'siding' with the guy just because he's ****ing gay? honestly, i know i should be flattered by your obsession with me, but you're starting to creep me out.

to prove that there is plenty of opportunities on TSR for you comment on it, and your excuse of not doing so because you are not finding enough opportunities is BS
Reply 14
Original post by ANM775
to prove that there is plenty of opportunities on TSR for you comment on it, and your excuse of not doing so because you are not finding enough opportunities is BS

you're mad dude. i don't have time to read through every single thread on tsr! what, you think i just click on on threads, and if they mentions gays in a negative light, i close the window? honestly, are you trolling right now? because i don't know at this point.
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.
you're mad dude. i don't have time to read through every single thread on tsr! what, you think i just click on on threads, and if they mentions gays in a negative light, i close the window? honestly, are you trolling right now? because i don't know at this point.

:yes:
Reply 16
Original post by ANM775
:yes:

delusional. as if i'd ever defend a sexual predator. you don't know me at all.
get help.
Honestly he is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Truly, truly awful my heart goes out to everyone affected by him
:heart:
Original post by The RAR

Just goes to show that absolutely no one is safe from crime because literally anyone can be the perpetrator. Straight, gay, uneducated mess, highly educated. Literally anyone.
Reply 19
Original post by The RAR

I doubt most women would go back to a random mans house so easily. Had he been aiming for women, he would have not racked up as many rapes......

He was able to rack up so many male victims because the men didn't suspect any sexual motive, were not scared of getting raped like women are, and the predator came across like a very genuine pleasant person.

Quick Reply

Latest