The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When you feel ready. Doesn't matter what other people say they're doing (chances are they actually aren't).

And no, it wouldn't be weird at all.
Hey! Forget what anyone else says / when they do it. You do it when you're ready & ideally in a stable relationship.
Wish you the best! :smile:
Mhmmm just live life don’t stress out about being a virgin wait for the perfect person which honestly doesn’t happen till your 18+ or even way older just focus on school and go out with your friends being a virgin should be the last thing tbh
Original post by mashed slug
I’m 15 nearly 16 and from what I’ve heard from online and friends this is the time most people lose their virginity, but I don’t have a boyfriend and the boys where I live are kinda trashy, won’t it be a bit weird if I get a boyfriend at uni and I’m still a virgin? What should I do?

lool sex is only fun with the right person. U should be patient and wait for the right guy and u have time dw just focus on ur exams for now. Im 18 and im a virgin.
A good time to lose your Virginity is as and when you are ready to do so, and not before.
Dont get pressurised into doing it, just because all your friends might have done.
Rising above all that will make you special. X
No, it's not weird. Lose it when you feel ready and not before.

I lost my virginity at age 20. I got in bed with men at age 18 and 19 but ultimately it didn't feel right so I didn't go through with it. When I did finally feel ready to have sex the timing, place, and person were perfect. I no longer speak to that person but it's a wonderful memory.
Reply 7
there no rush. Before you get yourself pregnant and ask this forum what to do.
Its when you are ready and comfortable with the other person.
Try not to do it with the wrong person as you will just look back and regret it.
Looking through some sources on the internet, for the Uk, it's around 18.3 according to Durex.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1861997/brazilians-do-it-youngest-and-brits-at-18-according-to-world-map-showing-average-age-people-lose-their-virginity/
I made the mistake of losing my virginity to a dude at age 17 (I'm a dude and bisexual), at the moment it felt good but when I looked back I just feel it was the wrong person to lose it to.
Don't worry its not going to be weird if you are still a virgin at Uni, its normal.
You should also look at this article
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46794269
When and only if you are ready and entirely sure it’s what you want. There’s no age limit. It can be 16 or 36. What you want is the only thing that counts. Don’t do anything with anyone that makes you uncomfortable
I lost mine at 18. there's no 'time' for this, each to their own. Whether that means 16 or marriage. Do whats best for YOU!
I'm 19 and I can hand on heart say I don't see myself losing mine for another 100 years or so. Don't stress about it.
don’t feel like because everyone else has lost it you have to! you can loose it when you want to. you don’t even have to tell anyone your a virgin at uni or when it comes to loosing it! c
Most people are 17/18. I was 2 weeks off my 18th birthday. I didn’t have a bf till i was 17 so dw
Before 40, otherwise you’ll get a movie made about you...
23 and may be losing it soon-ish...

Certainly late to the party compared to the average.
Original post by Anonymous
23 and may be losing it soon-ish...

Certainly late to the party compared to the average.

You think everyone tells the truth?
Original post by CTLeafez
Before 40, otherwise you’ll get a movie made about you...

Oooo I've always wanted to be a movie star!
Original post by Sammylou40
You think everyone tells the truth?

When you’re younger, sure people lie. When you’re in your 20s though, people don’t really lie about it or care much. I’m the last person in my group of friends who’s still a virgin 😂

Makes me feel a lil’ down sometimes but I’ve been seeing this girl so hoping to finally lose it soon. I’m ready
Original post by Anonymous
When you’re younger, sure people lie. When you’re in your 20s though, people don’t really lie about it or care much. I’m the last person in my group of friends who’s still a virgin 😂

Makes me feel a lil’ down sometimes but I’ve been seeing this girl so hoping to finally lose it soon. I’m ready

As long as you’re ready. No pressure. Or rush

Latest

Trending

Trending