The Student Room Group

BTEC - General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazelly
It is :smile:

Feeling okay yet nervous. All revision resources are made, now I'm just going over practice papers that are helping a lot to reconsolidate!

That's good! What kind of resources have you made? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
That's good! What kind of resources have you made? :smile:

I've mainly written out notes in a booklet form - it seems to help!

I did attempt to make flashcards and then mindmaps but it wasn't the best option. Although, I did choose to do this whilst studying for GCSEs :confused:
Original post by Hazelly
I've mainly written out notes in a booklet form - it seems to help!

I did attempt to make flashcards and then mindmaps but it wasn't the best option. Although, I did choose to do this whilst studying for GCSEs :confused:

Ooo a booklet! That sounds pretty cool to be honest. I'm imagining colourful and maybe some pictures too? :gah:

Glad you've found out what works for you now. Surprising how things can change within a couple of years from GCSE to BTEC! :smile:
Ooo a booklet! That sounds pretty cool to be honest. I'm imagining colourful and maybe some pictures too? :gah:

Glad you've found out what works for you now. Surprising how things can change within a couple of years from GCSE to BTEC! :smile:

Yes, lots of colour and some pictures! However, my ability to draw is awful. So a few printed pictures instead :colondollar:

Surprisingly yep, I never expected to do health and social care so it was a bit of a 'diversion' to say the least haha.
Original post by Hazelly
Yes, lots of colour and some pictures! However, my ability to draw is awful. So a few printed pictures instead :colondollar:

Surprisingly yep, I never expected to do health and social care so it was a bit of a 'diversion' to say the least haha.

I'm terrible at drawing too, but I love seeing other people's notes - printed pictures and all! I remember I once printed out pictures and traced them so my notes had the 'doodle'-type feel but I could tell what it was supposed to be :colondollar:

Oh really? What was your original plan? :smile:
Original post by S1M001
I have two business exams on the same days. I hope I do good they are heavy weighted units

Hey, how are you getting on? Have you had your exams yet? :smile:
I'm terrible at drawing too, but I love seeing other people's notes - printed pictures and all! I remember I once printed out pictures and traced them so my notes had the 'doodle'-type feel but I could tell what it was supposed to be :colondollar:

Oh really? What was your original plan? :smile:

I’ll see if I can take some photos of my notes, if you want? Although, they aren’t amazing! :lol:

I was doing applied science (biomedical), however, the course was definitely not right for me. So I decided to go down the healthcare route instead. It’s currently more interesting for me compared to applied science.
Original post by Hazelly
I’ll see if I can take some photos of my notes, if you want? Although, they aren’t amazing! :lol:

I was doing applied science (biomedical), however, the course was definitely not right for me. So I decided to go down the healthcare route instead. It’s currently more interesting for me compared to applied science.

Would never refuse pictures of notes :colondollar:

Ah amazing! Do you find the courses are substantially different or still quite similar in the topics that are covered?
Would never refuse pictures of notes :colondollar:

Ah amazing! Do you find the courses are substantially different or still quite similar in the topics that are covered?

:wink:

They are mega different, but in a good way. There is no chemistry or physics involved throughout the course, which I’m glad about as I was struggling a lot!

However, there is a whole unit of biology which I’m starting on the 13th of January (fingers crossed) and certainly looking forward too :smile:.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 89
Hey, how are you getting on? Have you had your exams yet? :smile:

Hey just had my first exam this morning. I think it went alright but my second exam is next week Thursday and I’m much better at that unit. Hoping for merits in both. At least after next week I will no longer have to worry about exams!!
Any body doing their biology exam on tuesday ?? #nervousaf
Original post by S1M001
Hey just had my first exam this morning. I think it went alright but my second exam is next week Thursday and I’m much better at that unit. Hoping for merits in both. At least after next week I will no longer have to worry about exams!!

Ah glad it went well for you. Good luck for the next one! :dumbells:
Original post by WhyamIhere26
Any body doing their biology exam on tuesday ?? #nervousaf

Good luck - you can do it! :yes:
Hey! I hope this thread isn't old!

I'm in year 13 and I'm taking the wrong A Levels! I'm not sure whether to retake years 12 and 13 via a BTEC or do an art foundation year (bearing in mind that the university course that I want to get onto is VERY competitive).

Here's the thread. Advice will be appreciated! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6763330
Original post by YatoSan
Hey! I hope this thread isn't old!

I'm in year 13 and I'm taking the wrong A Levels! I'm not sure whether to retake years 12 and 13 via a BTEC or do an art foundation year (bearing in mind that the university course that I want to get onto is VERY competitive).

Here's the thread. Advice will be appreciated! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6763330

Hey there :smile:

Looks like you've got some really useful replies on there. Have you spoken to your current college to understand what they might be able to offer/accommodate?
Hey there :smile:

Looks like you've got some really useful replies on there. Have you spoken to your current college to understand what they might be able to offer/accommodate?

Hello! Thank you for the advice, perhaps I could try to email them :smile:
Original post by craftywizardboy
I did a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Got D*D*D*). Got into the University of Sheffield for Civil Engineering but declined it. Im now studying at the University of Leeds doing Diagnostic Radiography. If anyone has any questions for me I'm willing to help out with anything.

Hello mate,
Congrats basically I've got mocks coming up for unit 5 tommorow 2019 paper you got the answers or questions for unit 5 apploed science bio chem and physics

Thank you please reply asap as my mocks are tommorow. Really appreciate it
Anyone got btec ict unit 11 exam next week!
Original post by jayp12345
Anyone got btec ict unit 11 exam next week!

How are you feeling about it? (I'm not sitting the exam but just wanted to wish you good luck!)
How did everyone find their Health and Social Care unit 4 exam if anyone went to it?
Original post by Hazelly
How did everyone find their Health and Social Care unit 4 exam if anyone went to it?

it was okay if i’m being honest. but Q4 kinda threw me off a little but i managed to answer it. what about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending