The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Troll. A 44 year old man is not going to ask students about his family problems. You also included your race for no reason.
Original post by Anonymous
both are most definitely NOT in the wrong. the heck is wrong with people on here. only the child was wrong. she learnt a valuable lesson about life. hit someone, expect to be hit back.

i personally think the slap was justified, just not the name calling afterwards. in my opinion there are more effective ways of describing that girls behaviour than calling her a brat. but yes, i think the child was definitely at fault- which i said before, if you'd bothered to read the whole thing
honestly speaking, you need to have a talk with both ladies. both are in the wrong. your daughter shouldnt have been so immature and disrespectful as to be playing on her phone in a damn funeral, but your wife should learn to be an adult and not call your children 'apathetic brats'. but if you were to ask me who's fault it is, its your daughter.

i dont care how old you are, but calling your parents f*cking b*itches is not acceptible under any circumstance. and you comforting her afterwards? i understand that you dont want to use violence against her, but she needs to understand that she cant swear and kick her bloody parents and expect cuddles afterwards. i can tell you for a fact that your daughter thinks she was fully justified in treating her mother just because she broke the phone that her mother probably paid for, just because you didnt show her she was wrong.

theres no soft way to say it, but your daughter needs to learn discipline. and dont get her a phone for gods sake, because it seems to me that she is actually quite bloody spoilt

Completely agree!
How would you react if your daughter kicked you and called you a bit** whilst you were mourning for your mother? Be honest.
Reply 24
yh ur wife had every right to do that. U really need to pattern ur child or she will turn into a brat.
Original post by YaliaV
Troll. A 44 year old man is not going to ask students about his family problems. You also included your race for no reason.

I have a feeling its that user awkwardshortguy for some reason, don't know why.
Original post by goggleyed
wait.... why did you have to mention that you were white??

There is a large disparity concerning cultural perceptions on what is acceptable in parenting.
The man stating his ethnicity gives us the necessary information to help his situation in the most effective manner.
Just remember, a Bengali household is very different to a Nigerian household. Additionally, a British household differs from a Nigerian household.
both are most definitely NOT in the wrong. the heck is wrong with people on here. only the child was wrong. she learnt a valuable lesson about life. hit someone, expect to be hit back.

Parents were wrong for not teaching their kid respect. Mother was also wrong for smashing the phone once she had it and not just pocketting it.

See, my detractors, I am capable of serious replies.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Parents were wrong for not teaching their kid respect. Mother was also wrong for smashing the phone once she had it and not just pocketting it.

i applaud you, you put it much better than i could
Original post by awkwardshortguy

At 14 the mother/parents are most likely paying for the phone. Their phone, their right to do whatever they want with it.
Original post by Delusion6
At 14 the mother/parents are most likely paying for the phone. Their phone, their right to do whatever they want with it.

smashing the phone is a waste of money in my opinion, id just take it and pass it on to a relative that needs the phone more lmao. theres always family back in asia that would kill for a touchscreen
the fact that you’re having to ask for help on an app is just (this isn’t against you) but if you and you wife made a promise and she broke that promise and hit your child. that was extremely wrong. you need to speak to your wife about it; no matter what the circumstance, a parent should NEVER raise a hand at their child. i’m 14 and if my mother did that to me i would be devastated and also angry that’s my own MOTHER hit me. just make sure your always letting your there for her and her mother was in the wrong no matter what because if your daughter starts to think it’s her fault, then that’s it. you must make sure that she understands she was in the wrong however her mother was in the wrong more for handling the situation like that. As i said, you NEED to speak to your wife and let her know how upset her own daughter is, now this next thing may be abit pff but maybe even try and make your wife feel guilt about what she has done, im the same age as your daughter and if my mom did that to me i would want her to feel guilty for what she has done
(edited 4 years ago)
smashing the phone is a waste of money in my opinion, id just take it and pass it on to a relative that needs the phone more lmao. theres always family back in asia that would kill for a touchscreen

When you're grieving though you're not completely in control of your actions. I've seen people do much worse whilst in mourning. She should on this occasion at least be excused for doing something like this. Its just a phone, phones can be replaced... unlike parents :frown:
um... yeah she should. did you not read what the daughter did first?

what do that means she had the right to hit her CHILD as hard as she can? no it does not
I'm a 44-year-old white man married with 4 kids. My daughter is my youngest and she turned 14 two weeks ago (on December 23).

My mother-in-law passed away a few days ago and we were at the funeral today. When everyone was greiving, I noticed my daughter playing Modern Combat on her phone. My wife saw her playing and told her to put the phone away but she just said "whatever" and continued to play.

A few minutes later, she noticed my daughter was still playing on her phone. In front of everybody, she pulled my daughter's phone out of her hands and smashed it. My daughter started screaming. I don't remember everything she said, but it included: "You f*ucking bit**! What the f*uck are you doing?! I f*ucking hate you, go f*uck yourself!" My daughter then kicked my wife in the leg and my wife lost it and slapped her across the face as hard as she could. I was shocked. 22 years ago, when my wife was pregnant with our eldest son, we made a promise to never use violence against our kids. My father used to beat me for not listening to him or saying something he didn't like. Today I can barely stand the sight of him. Everytime I saw him or heard his voice, those nightmares came back and it took days and sometimes even weeks before I could think about something else. That was the reason I moved out at 18. I couldn't bear it anymore.

Anyway, my daughter started crying and I went to hug and console her. My wife told her that she was a disrespectful spoiled brat, that she will never have a phone until she is 18 and that she was grounded. I understand how hard it is to lose a parent but I just can't believe that she hit our daughter. She broke the promise and I don't know how disappointed I am. And I know my daughter was wrong but no matter what she did, I would never have raised a hand against her. As someone who was beaten by his father for 18 years, I know how much damage violence and abuse can do to a child.

My daughter cried for the whole car ride and even after we came home. She went upstairs to her room and I followed her. I tried to comfort her. I told her that she will get a new phone on her 15th birthday (which is in December) and that what her mother did was wrong and that she is sorry. But my daughter said she hates her mother and that she will never forgive her. About half an hour later, I had a talk with my wife and she said: "I'm done with that apathetic heartless disrespectful brat. I can't handle her anymore."

I don't know what to do. They don't even talk to each other and I'm serious. I need help because I don't want them to hate or dislike each other. I want to fix their relationship.

This is NOT a 44yr old man talking. Sounds like a teenage girl in both tone and language. #Catfish
Reply 35
Original post by YaliaV

You can't be that stoopid , maybe he had this app when he was a student to seek guidance on O Levels
Original post by KatieLeah
the fact that you’re having to ask for help on an app is just (this isn’t against you) but if you and you wife made a promise and she broke that promise and hit your child. that was extremely wrong. you need to speak to your wife about it; no matter what the circumstance, a parent should NEVER raise a hand at their child. i’m 14 and if my mother did that to me i would be devastated and also angry that’s my own MOTHER hit me. just make sure your always letting your there for her and her mother was in the wrong no matter what because if your daughter starts to think it’s her fault, then that’s it. you must make sure that she understands she was in the wrong however her mother was in the wrong more for handling the situation like that. As i said, you NEED to speak to your wife and let her know how upset her own daughter is, now this next thing may be abit pff but maybe even try and make your wife feel guilt about what she has done, im the same age as your daughter and if my mom did that to me i would want her to feel guilty for what she has done

my god you are incredibly childish!
Reply 37
Original post by Taramills
This is NOT a 44yr old man talking. Sounds like a teenage girl in both tone and language. #Catfish

Only one way to find out ....
Original post by KatieLeah
. now this next thing may be abit pff but maybe even try and make your wife feel guilt about what she has done, im the same age as your daughter and if my mom did that to me i would want her to feel guilty for what she has done

You're joking right? Please just stop :colonhash:
I have a feeling its that user awkwardshortguy for some reason, don't know why.

I am awkwardshortguy and I am not anonymous#1. Oh, and tag me next time, btw.

Latest

Trending

Trending