The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Arts University Bournemouth - 2020 Applicant thread

Hello everyone!

Please excuse me if a thread like this already exists, I'm new to the site and still trying to figure the layout out and stuff. I'm planning to apply to AUB in 2020 with it as my firm choice, and I'm wondering if anyone else here plans to apply and is interested in chatting? I'm applying for the film production course, and very excited to meet everyone! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am an American student, who recieved a conditional offer from AUB for film production for 2020. I am so excited to go because it is my top choice school!
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
I'm aiming to apply for Animation production for 2020! I've just received an interview date in January and i'm so happy i found this thread. :h:
I'm planning on applying to the Fashion BA Hons course for 2020. However, am a bit confused between that course and their Fashion marketing course as they did them both at the same time 😑🤣
I'd suggest asking about the difference to a student or to Hertz themselves. The course I've applied for is a joint of 4 different once so you're not alone XD. I got a response from Hertfordshire University and they were really quick and clear on explaining some questions for me.
Just ask AUB, I'm sure they'll be happy to respond.
Original post by KatelynW-S7856
I'm aiming to apply for Animation production for 2020! I've just received an interview date in January and i'm so happy i found this thread. :h:

I’m applying for animation production too! Submitting my application tomorrow actually, pretty nervous! Whereabouts are you from?

Nice to meet the rest of you guys btw! I’m Rhiannon, currently doing an art foundation course down in Cornwall :smile:
I'm from the Midlands XD in Staffordshire, currently in my final year of A Levels. I hope they reply soon for you! I got a reply not even 2 hours after so they're really fast on reading statements. Wish you luck :3
Turns out my college has decided to send everyone’s applications at once in January so I’ve got to wait till then until I’ll know- super nervous! Where else are other people applying?
I've applied to Hertfordshire and TSide aswell if you'd like to know XD,
Original post by KatelynW-S7856
I've applied to Hertfordshire and TSide aswell if you'd like to know XD,

Oh nice!! I’ve applied to Hertfordshire as well :smile:
My interview there is on the 31st of January. I guess I'll possibly see you around them ^^
Heya, I’ve applied for architecture and got my interview on the 10th Jan. Anyone else?
Hi, I'm an American student and applying to the foundation year, and does anyone have any tips on portfolio, ESPECIALLY examples, because I'm really struggling with that right now
Sz
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RBudzinska
Turns out my college has decided to send everyone’s applications at once in January so I’ve got to wait till then until I’ll know- super nervous! Where else are other people applying?

Same for me! Doesn't it kinda ruin our chances ? If it's sent after a lot of people I mean
Original post by lepetitjuif
Same for me! Doesn't it kinda ruin our chances ? If it's sent after a lot of people I mean

Nope not at all! If we submit after 15th of January, yes, but before then all universities must give everyone a fair chance and look at every application. My course did it so that our interviews would be later and we’d have more time to prepare our portfolios and have better work! Mine has just been submitted today, so a bit nervous waiting for answers! Lots of luck to you :smile:
Original post by RBudzinska
Nope not at all! If we submit after 15th of January, yes, but before then all universities must give everyone a fair chance and look at every application. My course did it so that our interviews would be later and we’d have more time to prepare our portfolios and have better work! Mine has just been submitted today, so a bit nervous waiting for answers! Lots of luck to you :smile:

Thanks, pal ! You too 😊
Applying to Film Production at AUB, got my interview on 23rd January, if anyone has any tips/can tell me what is involved it would be much appreciated :smile: I’m incredibly nervous
Dang mine is on the 25th. So close yet so far, good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending