The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BREAKING: STATEMENT FROM IRGC:
"The brave soldiers of IRGC's aerospace unit have launched a successful attack with tens of ballistic missiles on Al Assad military base in the name of martyr Gen.Qasem Soleimani."

My thoughts are with any UK personnel on the ground in Iraq.
Ouch. Now that’s started
Welp... At this point I think we can only hope this situation doesn't go nuclear.

It's also worthy to mention that while this base is primarily Iraqi and US forces, it's also used by UK forces in Iraq so... Yeah... I have a feeling we're going to be getting involved as well.
You sound excited? Least its better than threat daily.

Up to 10 rockets? wont it depend what sort and whether they hit?
Original post by 999tigger

Up to 10 rockets? wont it depend what sort and whether they hit?

Definitely more than 10. AAAB has been confirmed hit but expecting others too.
Reply 6

Do i?
Original post by Tempest II
Definitely more than 10. AAAB has been confirmed hit but expecting others too

Some were saying 30. Not sure tho
Reply 8
BREAKING: STATEMENT FROM IRGC:
"The brave soldiers of IRGC's aerospace unit have launched a successful attack with tens of ballistic missiles on Al Assad military base in the name of martyr Gen.Qasem Soleimani."

My thoughts are with any UK personnel on the ground in Iraq.

Relatively speaking, a fairly measured response from them so far.
Reply 9
Original post by TheMcSame
Welp... At this point I think we can only hope this situation doesn't go nuclear.

It's also worthy to mention that while this base is primarily Iraqi and US forces, it's also used by UK forces in Iraq so... Yeah... I have a feeling we're going to be getting involved as well.

it has UK forces there at the minute
Definitely more than 10. AAAB has been confirmed hit but expecting others too.

Just depends what sort though?
Some are more destructive than others.
Some are more accurate

Think the US would be a lot more impressed with 200

There was some suggestion they would hit tankers and Dubai.
That's what he says whether he sticks to it is another matter, we know what politicians are like. What we do know is that if any UK personnel were based there at the time of the attack, it would certainly be enough to warrant the event being an unprovoked attack against the UK. It'd be collateral damage, but an attack on our people nonetheless.

E- Just saw gjd's post, this could be potentially be taken as an unprovoked attack against the UK

Second E- Hasn't Trump already stated that he'll launch back if they retaliate? Something about 52 targets already picked out or something (might be slightly off with that number). I suspect he wasn't bluffing about that. Sh*t could get ugly.
(edited 4 years ago)
Wow irbil airport is hit omg
Just depends what sort though?
Some are more destructive than others.
Some are more accurate

Think the US would be a lot more impressed with 200

There was some suggestion they would hit tankers and Dubai.

Intial reports are 50+ Ballistic Missiles so far just against US forces in Iraq.
The US response will be heavy I'm sure but if Iran also hits other Arab countries then it'll be even worse
Reply 14
Intial reports are 50+ Ballistic Missiles so far just against US forces in Iraq.
The US response will be heavy I'm sure but if Iran also hits other Arab countries then it'll be even worse

I wonder if Trump will follow through on his threat to carry out war crimes though
Reply 15

The US is a bully tbh

Trump likes to attack other countries, then use the threat of "we will blow up more of your bases if you retaliate" to try and keep them in line, but he seems to not understand human nature too well, ...that if you hit people, they will want to hit back, even if it is likely they will lose .. no one is just going to allow a country to attack it and sit back and do nothing.

what is iran supposed to do, just let US attack it whenever it wants and not do anything?
(edited 4 years ago)

Missiles are impressive in one sense but overall destructive power thy arent unless lucky.

Bit pot luck in what they hit, they could hit high value or they could miss.

Hope the ships are safe in the gulf, think they are vulnerable.
Reply 17
Apparently a second wave of missiles is being readied for launch with Israel possibly on the hit list.
Why are there 2 seperate threads on same topic :K:
There’s Iraqi casualties 💔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending