The Student Room Group

Ambitious Futures Graduate Scheme 19/20

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else had applied for the Ambitious Futures Graduate Scheme?

I submitted my application yesterday, and I am waiting to hear back to see if I made it through to the video interview stage.

Anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I'm in the process of applying now. I keep returning and changing my answers though.
Any news on your end yet?
Reply 2
Original post by savlon108
Hey!
I'm in the process of applying now. I keep returning and changing my answers though.
Any news on your end yet?

Hey, I haven’t heard anything besides an email saying that they’re reviewing the applications and that they will get back to me after the deadline!

What uni are you applying for ?
Original post by fefssdf
Hey, I haven’t heard anything besides an email saying that they’re reviewing the applications and that they will get back to me after the deadline!

What uni are you applying for ?

I submitted my application, finally. I've applied for Glasgow, what about you?
Reply 4
I submitted my application, finally. I've applied for Glasgow, what about you?

yay congrats on submitting your application :biggrin: I applied for nottingham :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
yay congrats on submitting your application :biggrin: I applied for nottingham :smile:

Woohoo! Keep me updated. Good luck!
Reply 6
Woohoo! Keep me updated. Good luck!

Yeh I will would be cool if we both end up being successful :smile:
Reply 7
Just heard yesterday I've been invited to a video interview - anyone have any tips for doing video interviews? (besides the general computer set up and dressing professionally)
Hey JadeLP75,
Congratulations on getting through to the next stage, I bet you're thrilled!
Which institute did you apply through?
I've read that the questions are also competency-based so will be outlining themes similar to those in the application.
My personal tips would be:
- (as you said) dress as though you're going to a regular interview - shoes and all.
- practice speaking into the camera, check the angle/how you look etc.
- practice variations of the application questions with a friend/family member, get them to ask them in a random order and begin your answer within 5 seconds - it might show you where you need a little more 'rehearsal'.
- be genuine and yourself - I think it helps you to relax and shine through.

Remember that they are clearly impressed with you already, best of luck!
Let us know how it goes, and if you have any hints ><
Reply 9
Original post by JadeLP75
Just heard yesterday I've been invited to a video interview - anyone have any tips for doing video interviews? (besides the general computer set up and dressing professionally)

Yay well done, I also got my invite today to complete my video interview too.

Which university have you applied for by the way?

Best of luck :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Amazing, thank you so much savlon108! Just need to have confidence in myself, think that’s my main issue. Did my first ever video interview a month ago and didn’t get to the next stage, so I think that’s knocked me slightly. Just need to brush myself off and get back up.
Original post by fefssdf

Good luck with your interview! :smile: I applied for UAL, good luck with your application for Nottingham!
Reply 12
Good luck with your interview! :smile: I applied for UAL, good luck with your application for Nottingham!

Ah cool, and thank you! :smile:
Reply 13
Amazing, thank you so much savlon108! Just need to have confidence in myself, think that’s my main issue. Did my first ever video interview a month ago and didn’t get to the next stage, so I think that’s knocked me slightly. Just need to brush myself off and get back up.

Don’t worry I’ve done a lot of video interviews and received rejections. It’s just a bit of a numbers game with these sorts of things. The more you do, the more you’ll feel comfortable doing then and the chances are you’ll be more likely to progress to the next stage :smile:

In terms of the stats I had a look and it was something like 1000 applicants for all the places last year and considering that is split up between the different partner institutions I guess you’re sort of competing against around 74 people per partner institution, for a place. And then consider that some of these people won’t make it pass the first stage, so the number will be even less than that. Compared to other grad schemes I think you stand a better chance with this one as it isn’t crazy competitive compared to a lot of other schemes.
Original post by fefssdf

That's exciting! Congratulations.
I'm getting nervous now.

Don't let previous interviews knock you back - they're SO competitive and there are so many applicants usually.
I'm sure you'll nail it. When is it?
Original post by fefssdf
Don’t worry I’ve done a lot of video interviews and received rejections. It’s just a bit of a numbers game with these sorts of things. The more you do, the more you’ll feel comfortable doing then and the chances are you’ll be more likely to progress to the next stage :smile:

In terms of the stats I had a look and it was something like 1000 applicants for all the places last year and considering that is split up between the different partner institutions I guess you’re sort of competing against around 74 people per partner institution, for a place. And then consider that some of these people won’t make it pass the first stage, so the number will be even less than that. Compared to other grad schemes I think you stand a better chance with this one as it isn’t crazy competitive compared to a lot of other schemes.

That's reassuring! Where did you read those stats?
It definitely feels more doable than other schemes!
Don't let previous interviews knock you back - they're SO competitive and there are so many applicants usually.
I'm sure you'll nail it. When is it?

Very true, feel like they’ve spelt out what we should expect better than other companies have when it comes to video interviews.

Have to get it done by the 14th Jan, currently overseas until tomorrow so will probably do it on the Monday or Tuesday.
Reply 18
That's reassuring! Where did you read those stats?
It definitely feels more doable than other schemes!

I follow the scheme on linked in and I read an article they posted regarding the 2017-2018 cycle and it said they’d had 1000 applicants and they were pleased with the numbers. But yeh it is more doable cause higher education is a bit more of a niche sector and considering the amount of people from my uni who have never heard of the scheme it kinda suggests there isn’t many people who just randomly stumble upon it, I think it’s more of a case of people just searching for jobs at their old uni or specifically searching for higher education grad schemes ect
Very true, feel like they’ve spelt out what we should expect better than other companies have when it comes to video interviews.

Have to get it done by the 14th Jan, currently overseas until tomorrow so will probably do it on the Monday or Tuesday.

Oh yeah, it doesn't feel like there's going to be tricks up their sleeves.
Good luck preparing! I got offered a video interview, too!

Quick Reply

Latest