The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Computer Science offers from Kent

Who's applied, received offers or been invited for an interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My interview is next week but I'm also in the middle of mocks so that's fun!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi guys!
For anyone preparing for an interview for Computer Science/related courses, don't forget to check out our interview advice web page for tips on how to prepare for the day :biggrin:
Here is the link.
Best of luck for your interviews!
And don't forget, my inbox is always open if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by Elmo127
My interview is next week but I'm also in the middle of mocks so that's fun!

Haha, I feel you. Good Luck with that and your interview.
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hi guys!
For anyone preparing for an interview for Computer Science/related courses, don't forget to check out our interview advice web page for tips on how to prepare for the day :biggrin:
Here is the link.
Best of luck for your interviews!
And don't forget, my inbox is always open if you have any questions :smile:

Thanks Annabel!
Reply 5
Original post by CyberSecurity
Haha, I feel you. Good Luck with that and your interview.

Thank you! Did a bit of preparation today but other than going through the link Annabel posted and thinking about answers for the questions there I'm not sure what else I can do but I've heard it's quite informal so it should be okay, just gonna focus more on my revision now.
Original post by Elmo127
Thank you! Did a bit of preparation today but other than going through the link Annabel posted and thinking about answers for the questions there I'm not sure what else I can do but I've heard it's quite informal so it should be okay, just gonna focus more on my revision now.

If you don’t mind me asking what other universities have you applied to?
Reply 7
If you don’t mind me asking what other universities have you applied to?

I've also applied to Bath, Warwick, Loughborough and Imperial. I've got an offer from Loughborough but still waiting on the others
Original post by Elmo127
I've also applied to Bath, Warwick, Loughborough and Imperial. I've got an offer from Loughborough but still waiting on the others

Nice. I've applied to Warwick (Cyber Security), Royal Holloway (CS), UEA (CS) and Portsmouth(CS).
Reply 9
Nice. I've applied to Warwick (Cyber Security), Royal Holloway (CS), UEA (CS) and Portsmouth(CS).

Ah cool. All of mine are for either Computer Science /Computing and most of them are with a placement year. I was considering applying to portsmouth I'm not sure why I didn't in the end. Have you got offers from any of them yet?
Original post by Elmo127
Ah cool. All of mine are for either Computer Science /Computing and most of them are with a placement year. I was considering
applying to portsmouth I'm not sure why I didn't in the end. Have you got offers from any of them yet?

I applied for placement years as well where possible. Got an offer from Portsmouth, interview with Kent, invitation to submit an expression of interest for Warwick - as if my PS stress wasn’t enough. Still haven’t heard from Royal Holloway or UEA though.
I applied for placement years as well where possible. Got an offer from Portsmouth, interview with Kent, invitation to submit an expression of interest for Warwick - as if my PS stress wasn’t enough. Still haven’t heard from Royal Holloway or UEA though.

That’s a bit weird about Warwick? I haven’t been asked to do anything extra from them. Hopefully we will start to get more offers now that the UCAS deadline is today. Are you going to the interview at Kent tomorrow?
Original post by Elmo127
That’s a bit weird about Warwick? I haven’t been asked to do anything extra from them.

Well, its the new Cyber Security course and their actually interviewing applicants as well so I don’t think they’ll got through the normal procedures until the first cohort graduates as its a new course.

My interview with Kent is actually on the 6th of Feb - wish it were sooner but seems a lot of the interview slots are being filled.
Well, its the new Cyber Security course and their actually interviewing applicants as well so I don’t think they’ll got through the normal procedures until the first cohort graduates as its a new course.

My interview with Kent is actually on the 6th of Feb - wish it were sooner but seems a lot of the interview slots are being filled.

I guess that kinda makes sense for Warwick if it is such a new course but it’s a lot of extra work when we have already been through a lot to even apply.

Ah ok i only got offered the 16th or 23rd I applied 2 weeks before Christmas I think. I wonder if you have to wait for all interviews to be completed before you hear back about offers?
Original post by Elmo127
I guess that kinda makes sense for Warwick if it is such a new course but it’s a lot of extra work when we have already been through a lot to even apply.

Ah ok i only got offered the 16th or 23rd I applied 2 weeks before Christmas I think. I wonder if you have to wait for all interviews to be completed before you hear back about offers?

Hey again!
Just thought I'd jump back in to answer your last question :smile:
Typically yes, decisions are made after the interviews have all finished. But this is also dependent on how many people applied and if there are more spaces on the course than people being interviewed there's a chance that you could be given an offer after your interview and before all of them have finished, but this is really dependent on how the School of Computing want to conduct their admissions process for the year!
I think I got my offer for Kent around March time, although it was a long time ago now (also I didn't have an interview)! So don't worry if you don't hear back immediately, the process can just take a while sometimes as there are a lot of people to get through :smile:
Sorry that this isn't a direct answer, but hopefully it gives you a bit of an idea about the timeline!
Original post by Elmo127
Ah cool. All of mine are for either Computer Science /Computing and most of them are with a placement year. I was considering applying to portsmouth I'm not sure why I didn't in the end. Have you got offers from any of them yet?

Update: Got an offer from Royal Holloway today for Computer Science (Information Security) with a year-in-industry.
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey again!
Just thought I'd jump back in to answer your last question :smile:
Typically yes, decisions are made after the interviews have all finished. But this is also dependent on how many people applied and if there are more spaces on the course than people being interviewed there's a chance that you could be given an offer after your interview and before all of them have finished, but this is really dependent on how the School of Computing want to conduct their admissions process for the year!
I think I got my offer for Kent around March time, although it was a long time ago now (also I didn't have an interview)! So don't worry if you don't hear back immediately, the process can just take a while sometimes as there are a lot of people to get through :smile:
Sorry that this isn't a direct answer, but hopefully it gives you a bit of an idea about the timeline!

Thank you for the reply! It was a really good day so I hope it doesn’t take too long but at least I know not to worry if it does take a bit longer!
Update: Got an offer from Royal Holloway today for Computer Science (Information Security) with a year-in-industry.

Ooh yay well done! Still waiting on all of mine I hope they don’t take too long! I think Kent might’ve said they’re running interviews until April if necessary so hope we don’t have to wait until then!
Original post by Elmo127
I think Kent might’ve said they’re running interviews until April if necessary so hope we don’t have to wait until then!

I hope not.
Original post by Elmo127
Thank you for the reply! It was a really good day so I hope it doesn’t take too long but at least I know not to worry if it does take a bit longer!

How did the interview go as far questions and the vibe of it all?

Quick Reply