The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex 2020 applicant chat thread

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Essex for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Essex for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Applying to marine biology w/ foundation at Essex as my top choice (currently studying geography, psychology and economics)
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
I got an offer today for Bsc Psychology (with a placement year), grades: BBB or CCC if i firm it!!
A few days before they sent me an invitation for a non compulsory interview but i rejected it :smile:
Original post by Darleen
Applying to marine biology w/ foundation at Essex as my top choice (currently studying geography, psychology and economics)

i'm applying there for marine bio! which accommodations are you looking at?
Reply 4
Original post by danielleclair
i'm applying there for marine bio! which accommodations are you looking at?

Not too sure yet?? Definitely not the towers, because of shared bathrooms. So, most likely the copse (although expensive) or university quays, i love that it's next to the river!
Original post by danielleclair
which accommodations are you looking at?

Original post by Darleen
Not too sure yet?? Definitely not the towers, because of shared bathrooms. So, most likely the copse (although expensive) or university quays, i love that it's next to the river!

From what I saw Quays definitely seems real nice being by the river. It seems real good value for money as well.

I've firmly accepted an offer on the Computer Networks course. (Studied IT last year and studying Engineering this year)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by muntaha2001
I got an offer today for Bsc Psychology (with a placement year), grades: BBB or CCC if i firm it!!
A few days before they sent me an invitation for a non compulsory interview but i rejected it :smile:

I'm applying for BA psychology! Maybe we will have some classes together!
Original post by SoftGingerCat
I'm applying for BA psychology! Maybe we will have some classes together!

I dont think I'm going to firm essex or even go uni in the first place but i hope everything goes well for you!! 😂
Reply 8
Original post by muntaha2001

I have an offer for the same course and will most probably firm essex unless I get through uni of bath! All the best to you maybe we’ll see each other there next year :smile:
Original post by saraa.m
I have an offer for the same course and will most probably firm essex unless I get through uni of bath! All the best to you maybe we’ll see each other there next year :smile:

Have you looked at any of the accomodation?
Reply 10
Original post by mfreshwater1
Have you looked at any of the accomodation?

I personally like all of them but I definitely don’t want an accommodation that is not en suite so that rules out quite a few of the options
Original post by saraa.m
I personally like all of them but I definitely don’t want an accommodation that is not en suite so that rules out quite a few of the options

I only got a chance to look at meadows, copse and quays but I'm still split between quays and copse. Guess it depends on how much student finance brings in.
(edited 4 years ago)
I got an unconditional offer for MSc Business Analytics, but the course will be taught at the Southend Campus. Hence, I am not sure if the campus is good as I did not find any info on Google/You Tube
Original post by retrix2102
I got an unconditional offer for MSc Business Analytics, but the course will be taught at the Southend Campus. Hence, I am not sure if the campus is good as I did not find any info on Google/You Tube

Were you invited to an applicant day?
Were you invited to an applicant day?

Nope. I'm an international student and I can't visit the university. So, I rely more on google/ youtube.
I got an offer to do Stage and Production Management!!!
Original post by retrix2102
Nope. I'm an international student and I can't visit the university. So, I rely more on google/ youtube.

Ah yeah that makes a visit kinda difficult. There is some form of 360° views of areas of uni/accomodation on the website. I know it's not the same thing but it might give somewhat of a good idea about the place.
(edited 4 years ago)
Ah yeah that makes a visit kinda difficult. There is some form of 360° views of areas of uni/accomodation on the website. I know it's not the same thing but it might give somewhat of a good idea about the place.

I'll check them out.
I've applied for Bsc Psychology (offer is CCC as i firmed it). I am studying Geography, Biology and Psychology at the moment. I'm looking at South Courts or Houses for accommodation
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by carlypowell
I've applied for Bsc Psychology (offer is CCC as i firmed it). I am studying Geography, Biology and Psychology at the moment. I'm looking at South Courts or Houses for accommodation

Did you get a chance to look at either of those accomodations in person? If so what are they like?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending