The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

University of West London - nursing & midwifery reading

Hi guys,
I'm trying to find some people who are going to be studying at the university of West London reading campus starting in 2019. Let's get to know each other?
Anyone studying nursing & midwifery at UWL Reading?
😊
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellaj19
Hi guys,
I'm trying to find some people who are going to be studying in Reading starting in 2019. Let's get to know each other?
Anyone studying nursing & midwifery in Reading?
😊

Omg I never knew reading did nursing ? I don’t think I saw it on the UCAS website - What were the entry requirements?
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
It's run by University of West London and they have a campus in London and in Reading. I think it's 120 UCAS points, I have a combination of qualifications so I'm not sure what that is in A Levels
Original post by confuzzled786
Omg I never knew reading did nursing ? I don’t think I saw it on the UCAS website - What were the entry requirements?
BBB
Original post by ellaj19
It's run by University of West London and they have a campus in London and in Reading. I think it's 120 UCAS points, I have a combination of qualifications so I'm not sure what that is in A Levels
Hello
Great to welcome you to the Uni ellaj19 :smile:
confuzzled786 - If you'd like more info on our course please visit our website: https://www.uwl.ac.uk/courses and do get in touch if you have any questions.
All the best to both!
Original post by confuzzled786
Hi. I'll be studying childrens nursing this sep 2019 at the reading branch. Not long to go 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mummymayhem
Hi. I'll be studying childrens nursing this sep 2019 at the reading branch. Not long to go 😊

I’m trying to apply but I can’t see an option for reading- would it come under Berkshire or London lol I feel dumb asking this
Original post by Anonymous
I’m trying to apply but I can’t see an option for reading- would it come under Berkshire or London lol I feel dumb asking this

Hi. It should say Berkshire institute of health. No question is ever dumb. Feel free to ask. Im happy to help if I can.
Reply 8
Yayy found someone going to start the same course as me haha. Only a couple months and we'll be there😍
Original post by ellaj19
Yayy found someone going to start the same course as me haha. Only a couple months and we'll be there😍

oh my days!!! I know right how crazy. I just wish they would give us our time table already so I could plan. I have 3 kids so everything has to be on point.
Reply 10
Yeah, I've got a little bit of occupational health to go.
oh my days!!! I know right how crazy. I just wish they would give us our time table already so I could plan. I have 3 kids so everything has to be on point.
Does anyone know how many days the midwifery course is spent in uni at West London, as I was hoping to carry on working
Does anyone know how many days the midwifery course is spent in uni at West London, as I was hoping to carry on working

50% uni and 50% placement

Going into second year in midwifery at London
Hello @ellaj19 and @Mummymayhem

I have just recently finished my first year of Children's Nursing at UWL (Berkshire). If you have any pending questions feel free to message me and I look forward to seeing you around Uni in September.

Enjoy your time off! xx
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hello @ellaj19 and @Mummymayhem

I have just recently finished my first year of Children's Nursing at UWL (Berkshire). If you have any pending questions feel free to message me and I look forward to seeing you around Uni in September.

Enjoy your time off! xx

How was your first year?> how did you find the course and placements? what was the most challenging thing about your course?
Original post by Blackstarr
How was your first year?> how did you find the course and placements? what was the most challenging thing about your course?

Hi @Blackstarr,

I loved first year and the course is fantastic. I had two different placements that I really enjoyed attending and learnt a lot.

The most challenging thing was finances as I live in accomodation as well as attend uni.
Original post by Starlight15
50% uni and 50% placement

Going into second year in midwifery at London

What is the timetable like re study at uni/placement?
What is the timetable like re study at uni/placement?

2/3 time's a week for uni and placement is usually 3/4 shifts a week
Hi there!

Interviewed today for UWL’s children’s nursing Bnurs (over Microsoft teams) and I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing you’d said more or added in more relevant things when the interview is over and you’re reflecting! What kind of time frame did you all have from interview to offer or rejection. They said within 10 days to me but I wondered if they do the rejections first and then offers. I’m 28 and this is my first time interviewing for Nursing so it’s a shame it’s all been online as I’m so much more natural and confident in real life but they are the current times we live in and have to adapt I suppose! I just hope I’ve done enough to show my potential 🤞🏻
Hi there!

Interviewed today for UWL’s children’s nursing Bnurs (over Microsoft teams) and I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing you’d said more or added in more relevant things when the interview is over and you’re reflecting! What kind of time frame did you all have from interview to offer or rejection. They said within 10 days to me but I wondered if they do the rejections first and then offers. I’m 28 and this is my first time interviewing for Nursing so it’s a shame it’s all been online as I’m so much more natural and confident in real life but they are the current times we live in and have to adapt I suppose! I just hope I’ve done enough to show my potential 🤞🏻

Hi,

They will get back to you within 1 working day or sooner. Honestly, in any interview I have done, I have always thought of stuff I should have added. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending