The Student Room Group

For Edexcel IAL, is M1 counted as an A2 unit ?

I always see M1 under AS section in grade boundaries, so this got me wondering.
Reply 2
Original post by Missradioactive

It is an AS unit but can form part of a full A Level. Does that make sense?
Original post by Sir Cumference
It is an AS unit but can form part of a full A Level. Does that make sense?

No...?
Reply 4
No...?

The important part is that M1 counts as one of the units as part of the full A Level. The fact that M1 is defined as an "AS unit" is a bit irrelevant if you're doing the full A Level. Is there a reason why your're asking about this?
The important part is that M1 counts as one of the units as part of the full A Level. The fact that M1 is defined as an "AS unit" is a bit irrelevant if you're doing the full A Level. Is there a reason why your're asking about this?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that in grade boundaries, M1 is always listed below the heading of AS.

I do Edexcel IAL btw.

For AS, I've done P1, P2 and S1: which count as a full Maths AS.

But for A2, I wanna do M1 besides the compulsory P3 and P4, which is supposed to count as A2, and hence, completing 6 units and hence, a full Maths A level.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that in grade boundaries, M1 is always listed below the heading of AS.

I do Edexcel IAL btw.

For AS, I've done P1, P2 and S1: which count as a full Maths AS.

But for A2, I wanna do M1 besides the compulsory P3 and P4, which is supposed to count as A2, and hence, completing 6 units and hence, a full Maths A level.

Doing P3, P3 and M1 in the second year is fine.
Doing P3, P3 and M1 in the second year is fine.

So it WILL count as a full Maths A-Level ? (Sorry, I'm a overthinker sksksks)

Also one more question:

do I need to get As in ALL units to get an A overall in AS Maths/Physics ?
Reply 8
So it WILL count as a full Maths A-Level ? (Sorry, I'm a overthinker sksksks)

Also one more question:

do I need to get As in ALL units to get an A overall in AS Maths/Physics ?

It's important that you have all the facts so I can understand all the questions. Are you self teaching?

Yes doing P1, P2, S1 in year 1 and P3, P4, M1 in year 2 will count as the 6 units required for a full IAL A Level.

To get an A in AS maths you need to get at least 240 UMS from the 3 units you are doing (P1, P2, S1 in your case) i.e. you need to average 80 UMS. I don't know about physics - have a read through your spec.
It's important that you have all the facts so I can understand all the questions. Are you self teaching?

Yes doing P1, P2, S1 in year 1 and P3, P4, M1 in year 2 will count as the 6 units required for a full IAL A Level.

To get an A in AS maths you need to get at least 240 UMS from the 3 units you are doing (P1, P2, S1 in your case) i.e. you need to average 80 UMS. I don't know about physics - have a read through your spec.

Thank you, that was helpful :h:

M1 is AS math, but we can include it in AS further math if u want.

Quick Reply

Latest