The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of manchester-2020 applicants

Hi, Anyone applying or applied for any courses in the university of Manchester. If so, what course?

Volunteer Note: Hi guys, you can find the official Manchester Applicants thread here.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I’ve applied for Japanese and Politics, you?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Dani—
Hey! I’ve applied for Japanese and Politics, you?

Hey, I applied for economics and finance, did u get an offer yet? and u planning on firming it?
Original post by realbeautyxo
Hey, I applied for economics and finance, did u get an offer yet? and u planning on firming it?

I’ve got an interview on the 26th, I’m really torn between Sheffield and Manchester

Do you think you’ll firm Manchester?
Original post by Dani—
I’ve got an interview on the 26th, I’m really torn between Sheffield and Manchester

Do you think you’ll firm Manchester?

Hey, Sheffield's under the 5 choices I had chosen for university, but I wanted to go to a place that seen more diverse and a bigger city and better social life. I'm going to firm Manchester. Even though the both require AAB, what are the entry requirements for Sheffield and Manchester?
Hey, Sheffield's under the 5 choices I had chosen for university, but I wanted to go to a place that seen more diverse and a bigger city and better social life. I'm going to firm Manchester. Even though the both require AAB, what are the entry requirements for Sheffield and Manchester?

I need an ABB for both I think, depends on how my interview for Manchester goes 😬 which uni do you think you’ll put as your insurance?
Original post by Dani—
I need an ABB for both I think, depends on how my interview for Manchester goes 😬 which uni do you think you’ll put as your insurance?

good luck on your interview ahhhhhh, but I heard they tend to accept once u have the predicted grades. my 5 choices are university of Manchester, Aston university , university of Leicester,(seems alright) university of Sheffield(not sure if it'll be diverse) and Nottingham Trent(I got an unconditional but don't want to go there)- I Was thinking on picking university of Leicester as my insurance, as I don't want my firm and insurance to have the same grade requirements. What about you? what are ur 5 choices and what would u pick as insurance?
hey, i’ve applied for psychology and i’m planning on firming manchester :smile: they gave me an offer for AAB or ABB if i firm
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by tacobeth
hey, i’ve applied for psychology and i’m planning on firming manchester :smile: they gave me an offer for AAB or ABB if i firm

SAME I got AAB or ABB if I firm I'm literally on my UCAS track now, what u picking as ur insurance? U planning on moving away from home? I'm abit scared lool but it seems like a really nice city tbh
Medicine applicant over here. Had an interview on 20th December!
Original post by pericardium
Medicine applicant over here. Had an interview on 20th December!

Hi, U planning on firming Manchester and hope your interview went well!
Hi, U planning on firming Manchester and hope your interview went well!

It depends on the other offers I receive. My first choice is Nottingham so if I get an offer there then it will be my firm and Manchester will be my insurance. If I don't get an offer from Nottingham then yes, I will.firm Manchester!

Thank you, from what I can tell it went in my favour :smile:
Original post by pericardium
It depends on the other offers I receive. My first choice is Nottingham so if I get an offer there then it will be my firm and Manchester will be my insurance. If I don't get an offer from Nottingham then yes, I will.firm Manchester!

Thank you, from what I can tell it went in my favour :smile:

Nottingham's seen really good I've heard, good luck!
I’ve applied for Mathematics with a modern language and have an interview at the end of feb :smile: The grades are A*AA but they might reduced to AAA after my interview !
Original post by hattieblack
I’ve applied for Mathematics with a modern language and have an interview at the end of feb :smile: The grades are A*AA but they might reduced to AAA after my interview !

Goodluck for your interview, hopefully it gets reduced down to the AAA, would it be ur first time visiting as I am planning to go to the open day and have only been there once for a college trip only heard stuff about the place.
Goodluck for your interview, hopefully it gets reduced down to the AAA, would it be ur first time visiting as I am planning to go to the open day and have only been there once for a college trip only heard stuff about the place.

Yes I went to an open day last September and I really like it. There is loads of green space and the university is pretty spread out, very big. Not far from the train station as well.
Nottingham's seen really good I've heard, good luck!

Thank you very much, good luck to you too!
SAME I got AAB or ABB if I firm I'm literally on my UCAS track now, what u picking as ur insurance? U planning on moving away from home? I'm abit scared lool but it seems like a really nice city tbh

im putting down keele as my insurance, and yep moving away 😂 terrifying cause I live 4-5 hours away but i love it in manchester so hopefully it’s alright
(Original post by realbeautyxo)Hi, Anyone applying or applied for any courses in the university of Manchester. If so, what course?

Hi, Anyone applying or applied for any courses in the university of Manchester. If so, what course?

Geography with international study, but haven’t found heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by jangus19
(Original post by realbeautyxo)Hi, Anyone applying or applied for any courses in the university of Manchester. If so, what course?

Geography with international study, but haven’t found heard anything yet :frown:

U should hear back soon, the reply time usually depends on the course and how competitive it is or sometimes they wait until the deadline but I wouldn't worry about it, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending