The Student Room Group

Network Rail Apprenticeship March 2020

Has anyone else just had their NR assessment day? How did you get on and what discipline would you choose if you’re successful? I’m hoping for signals or telecoms. Hopefully we should find out before Christmas 😁
I have my assessment day coming up soon, any tips you think would be useful? Also what did the case study consist off? Hope you hear from them soon, good luck!!
Have you had your assessment yet?
Not yet, you??
Reply 4
I have only heard from them saying I have passed the sjt test but nothing more
Weird? Thought the last assessment date for March intake is 20th of January but not 100%, maybe drop them an email?
Reply 6
Oh really maybe is to do with regions I'm based in London. Just wanted to ask where did you get those dates from is it the same one from the link in the website where you check your application status? Thanks
Reply 7
had my assessment day at the start of december, got offered a place on christmas eve :smile: is there anyone else here thats starting in march as well?
Reply 8
Original post by catdean
had my assessment day at the start of december, got offered a place on christmas eve :smile: is there anyone else here thats starting in march as well?

What region you at if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting to hear back from them
Reply 9
Original post by Tech18
What region you at if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting to hear back from them

im going to be based in the south east and i had my assessment centre in london. They told me it would be 2 weeks until i found out whether i had the job or not, but i called them and they said due to a backlog of candidates it would be delayed by a week or 2. i found out just over 3 weeks after my assessment centre date
Same👍🏻 See you March 29th
Awesome news! Any tips for the assessment centre, case study etc?
For the assessment centre the case study is like comprehension so it’s ok just be aware of the time as you get 20 mins. In our group task we had to build a bridge that would hold a toy train but it doesn’t matter if it works or not just how well you work in a group. For the actual interview just be logical and research some health and safety on the railway.
Thank you so much pal! Really appreciate it! Congrats again on getting a spot!
Cheers mate hopefully see you soon good luck👍🏻
Reply 15
anyone else proper nervous this whole coronavirus situation is going to affect the start date at westwood?
Original post by catdean
anyone else proper nervous this whole coronavirus situation is going to affect the start date at westwood?

I’ve had an email off them saying The next stage of our process is typically an assessment centre. Given the current global situation we are unable to go ahead with this stage in the way we usually would and so we are temporarily pausing our recruitment process whilst we look at alternative solutions and timescales to complete this final stage of the process.’ X
Reply 17
I'm guessing that's for the September intake. I was accepted into the march intake back in December and its been delayed until the end of April now. But I'm still starting the contract and being paid as usual so it's all good :smile:
How is everybody doing with this? I have applied for a signalling apprenticeship with another company and I'm looking to speak to other apprentices. Has anybody done the assessment or been successful?
Reply 19
Original post by catdean
I'm guessing that's for the September intake. I was accepted into the march intake back in December and its been delayed until the end of April now. But I'm still starting the contract and being paid as usual so it's all good :smile:

hi sorry would you mind if you tell me how does the pay work, they have told us we get paid in 13 equal payments and its paid four weekly. but if we are starting 26th when do we actually get our first pay and when would be the cut off i know roughly they will be a week behind just wondering if thats the case here also? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending