The Student Room Group

Courses with honors.

Hey, I applied for the undergraduate course CV85, which is philosophy with psychology. When I check the course description, it says that it is an undergraduate degree, but also that it is an honors degree resulting in a masters. What exactly does that mean? Because I applied in the undergraduate section through UCAS for a 4 year course. It is still a bachelors right? Except that I can do a masters as an extension? I am scared that I applied unintentionally directly for a masters...
Original post by LuGa01
Hey, I applied for the undergraduate course CV85, which is philosophy with psychology. When I check the course description, it says that it is an undergraduate degree, but also that it is an honors degree resulting in a masters. What exactly does that mean? Because I applied in the undergraduate section through UCAS for a 4 year course. It is still a bachelors right? Except that I can do a masters as an extension? I am scared that I applied unintentionally directly for a masters...

It sounds like an undergraduate integrated master's. Which uni is this?
Original post by ageshallnot
It sounds like an undergraduate integrated master's. Which uni is this?

Durham (according to search engine using CV85)
Original post by GatoMessi
Durham (according to search engine using CV85)

Reading have the same course and code.
:smile:
Reply 6
I applied to the same course to st andrews, aberdeen, glasgow (philosophy/psychology), and dundee. What exactly is an integrated masters?
Reading have the same course and code.

If it is Reading, then it is a 4 year course including a Placement Year.
Original post by LuGa01
I applied to the same course to st andrews, aberdeen, glasgow (philosophy/psychology), and dundee. What exactly is an integrated masters?

Ah. Scottish undergraduate arts degrees traditionally award an MA rather than a BA. They can also be four years because of differences in the education system.
Reply 9
Ah. Scottish undergraduate arts degrees traditionally award an MA rather than a BA. They can also be four years because of differences in the education system.

Aha, but I can still attend them with below honors qualification, such as a high school diploma or A-levels right?
Original post by LuGa01
Aha, but I can still attend them with below honors qualification, such as a high school diploma or A-levels right?

Yes.
Reply 11
Yes.

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending