The Student Room Group

Is getting a haircut once a week weird?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hannychica
Define “normal”

If it makes you feel fresh and confident, go for it and don’t worry about what others think! I would say it’s a little expensive rather than weird, but it’s your money and you do what you want with it.

Yep the feeling of a new haircut is the best feeling in the world
Reply 41
Original post by MidgetFever
Sounds like a waste of money personally, but if you enjoy it then you do you.

I only get mine cut around every 7 weeks.

Every 7 weeks is pretty quick for a female if you keep it maintained between cuts
The amount you're spending each week would add up to be quite expensive surely? There must be better stuff to spend money on. Or it could be saved if you cut down on the haircuts :smile:
Depends whos paying for them I suppose.
Probably every like 2 months lmao.
Reply 44
I could imagine hair being treated/ styled/ dyed once a week, celebrities probably do this, but having it cut weekly I think is a bit excessive. Perhaps you can invest in a quality shaving/ grooming kit or something of the sort to achieve the look you like but without going to the barber’s once a week. I have my hair cut usually 4 times a year but pay £25 so a medium price.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 45
You would be better off learning to do it yourself at that price, you won't be living with your parents forever.
Every two months or so. And mine is shorter than yours.

Not making light of it, but your behaviour sounds closer to OCD than anything else. It's not rational to get it done that often.
Original post by Zed03
Because I was reading the other threads and people were saying crazy stuff like once every 2-3 months. Just the thought makes me shudder😂😂

I get my haircut once every 6-8+ months so I save so much money but I never knew people people were getting it done every week. 😅
Reply 48
Not even once a decade
Reply 49
Original post by Chronoscope
The amount you're spending each week would add up to be quite expensive surely? There must be better stuff to spend money on. Or it could be saved if you cut down on the haircuts :smile:
Depends whos paying for them I suppose.

I'm paying for it, that's the reason I'm getting it cut every week I would never make my parents pay for it that would be stupid
Reply 50
Original post by Deggs_14
I could imagine hair being treated/ styled/ dyed once a week, celebrities probably do this, but having it cut weekly I think is a bit excessive. Perhaps you can invest in a quality shaving/ grooming kit or something of the sort to achieve the look you like but without going to the barber’s once a week. I have my hair cut usually 4 times a year but pay £25 so a medium price.

I wouldn't be able to cut my hair myself, the barbers is a 2 minute walk from my house so it's more like a weekly routine
Reply 51
Original post by Drewski
Every two months or so. And mine is shorter than yours.

Not making light of it, but your behaviour sounds closer to OCD than anything else. It's not rational to get it done that often.

OCD? That's interesting because most of my friends get their haircut every 1 - 2 weeks do they have OCD too? Maybe it's the culture difference, upbringing and surroundings
Reply 52
Original post by Bio 7
You would be better off learning to do it yourself at that price, you won't be living with your parents forever.

Yes I won't be living with my parents forever but I will find ways to fit in that weekly haircut someway or another
Reply 53
Original post by Zed03
I get a haircut once a week maybe even every 4 days and my parents find it very odd and call me crazy but I don't think that's the case. My haircut style is a medium fade on the side and a 5 blade on the top not too short but short a bit like a crewcut. Every time I get a haircut it gives such a good feeling like a fresh feeling and adds confidence. I also pay for them with my own money and it's £12 a cut

I wanted to know how often people cut their hair and what their hairstyle is and if once a week is abnormal.

Getting a haircut once a week pretty much sounds abnormal but I shouldn't really judge. I personally get a haircut every 4-6 weeks as my hair does grow back quite quickly and I don't like leaving my hair too long. :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Getting a haircut once a week pretty much sounds abnormal but I shouldn't really judge. I personally get a haircut every 4-6 weeks as my hair does grow back quite quickly and I don't like leaving my hair too long. :smile:

What hairstyle do you go for?
My brother has his hair cut every 6 weeks - he has very thick hair but a very low maintenance style (4 on the sides, 5 on top).

To me it sounds like an unnecessary luxury to get it cut so often, but then if you like the style, go for it I guess. :dontknow:
Reply 56
IMG_20200109_133215.jpgIMG_20200109_133126.jpg

If everyone is wondering these are my recent haircuts I normally Interchange the style every few months
Original post by gjd800
Not even once a decade

Next time I see you I'm gonna cut your hair in your sleep.

3 on the back/sides every 6-7 weeks. Or that's what I aim for. My schedule is pretty packed so it sometimes gets left longer.
Reply 58
Original post by PhoenixFortune
My brother has his hair cut every 6 weeks - he has very thick hair but a very low maintenance style (4 on the sides, 5 on top).

To me it sounds like an unnecessary luxury to get it cut so often, but then if you like the style, go for it I guess. :dontknow:

I love the style😅
I get my hair cut about every six weeks.
Once a week does sound a bit excessive to me, but each and every one to there own.

Quick Reply

Latest