The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry Unit 1 January 2020 Discussion

Haven't seen a discussion thread yet so thought I would start one. How did it go for ya'll?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L I G H T
Haven't seen a discussion thread yet so thought I would start one. How did it go for ya'll?

It was gooood, bruh. I low-key think it was too good, worried I must've messed up somewhere, hopefully not...
Original post by Meowmeownerd
It was gooood, bruh. I low-key think it was too good, worried I must've messed up somewhere, hopefully not...

I messed up on the ideal gas equation question. What did you get for the empirical formula of the compound produced from ethene reacting with oxygen?
I messed up on the ideal gas equation question. What did you get for the empirical formula of the compound produced from ethene reacting with oxygen?

C2H4O
C2H4O

do you think I'll get the mark without showing my working out?
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah it said you must show your working
Reply 6

Hi, what did you guys get for the ideal gas equation question? How do we apply the ppm into the question??
Does anyone know the answer for bromine’s maximum mass percentage in hexane?
I got 93.95% cuz C6Br14
Original post by Omar_8503
I got 93.95% cuz C6Br14

same
Original post by Ai Shuan
Hi, what did you guys get for the ideal gas equation question? How do we apply the ppm into the question??

U had to calculate the volume of ethene in the ripening room. As it was 100ppm, u would divide the full volume by 1 million then multiply by 100, then use pv=nrt to find n which was 0.91
do you think the grade boundaries will be higher or lower than last years January paper? I did that one and found it really easy so was surprised that for an A you only needed 60 / 80
alright, so one major scare later, I'm fine lol
(edited 4 years ago)
do you think the grade boundaries will be higher or lower than last years January paper? I did that one and found it really easy so was surprised that for an A you only needed 60 / 80

Edexcel’s really inconsistent with its UMS conversions. In 2014 papers u had to get full raw marks to get full UMS. I think we’ll have to wait and see...
yes!yes! so happy lol... I think we need to write till 3 sf tho so I got 0.909
Edexcel’s really inconsistent with its UMS conversions. In 2014 papers u had to get full raw marks to get full UMS. I think we’ll have to wait and see...d

shoot, I'm stressed now. Messed up the whole pv=nrt question so five marks have been lost already
I got 93.95% cuz C6Br14

same
shoot, I'm stressed now. Messed up the whole pv=nrt question so five marks have been lost already

it's okay, I guess. Edexcel is a little sick in the head lol. I think the gt will turn out to be real low or something. personally, I feel that this paper was real easy. I finished it in an hour. I believe miracles do happen 😂 btw where are y'all from
I got 93.95% cuz C6Br14

what did you write for the expected angle 'b' in the last question? I wrote 180° cuz 'O' only has 2 bonds but th actual angle is 104.5°
it's okay, I guess. Edexcel is a little sick in the head lol. I think the gt will turn out to be real low or something. personally, I feel that this paper was real easy. I finished it in an hour. I believe miracles do happen 😂 btw where are y'all from

what do you mean by gt?
yes!yes! so happy lol... I think we need to write till 3 sf tho so I got 0.909

plz dont freak me out it didnt specify to how many sf to write it in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending