The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni Halls

I'm hoping to attend Bournemouth uni in 2020. I was looking at accommodation during their open day and landsdowne, Dorchester and lyme regis stood out to me. But I was wondering if any current students would be able to recommend me their favourite?
Original post by yazrosex
I'm hoping to attend Bournemouth uni in 2020. I was looking at accommodation during their open day and landsdowne, Dorchester and lyme regis stood out to me. But I was wondering if any current students would be able to recommend me their favourite?

The nicest accommodations are Belaton House and Bailey Point, like just in terms of modernness and facilities.
You then have Lyme, Purbeck, Dorchester (in that order). Dorchester is the biggest accommodation. I've never been to Oxford Point so not got a clue what that's like.

I'm personally in Cranbourne, its not got a great repuation but I recon its still good, certainly compared to accommodation at other universities I visited. Its very relaxed in Cranbourne, like you can get away with ALOT.

Overall the accommodation is pretty good, just whatever you do make sure you go Landsdowne, its where everything is.

Top tip: Dont buy any of the wristbands (apart from maybe "official" bronze), ive not spoken to a single person that thinks they're worth it. Theyre all for specific venues and you and your flat mates will be all over the place. If you're gonna get anything, get A-list.
(edited 4 years ago)
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by samthomas12
The nicest accommodations are Belaton House and Bailey Point, like just in terms of modernness and facilities.
You then have Lyme, Purbeck, Dorchester (in that order). Dorchester is the biggest accommodation. I've never been to Oxford Point so not got a clue what that's like.

I'm personally in Cranbourne, its not got a great repuation but I recon its still good, certainly compared to accommodation at other universities I visited. Its very relaxed in Cranbourne, like you can get away with ALOT.

Overall the accommodation is pretty good, just whatever you do make sure you go Landsdowne, its where everything is.

Top tip: Dont buy any of the wristbands (apart from maybe "official" bronze), ive not spoken to a single person that thinks they're worth it. Theyre all for specific venues and you and your flat mates will be all over the place. If you're gonna get anything, get A-list.

Hey, so Lyme is pretty well regarded? Lyme and Purbeck are my top choices at the moment, depending on whether I want a double or single bed :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you so so much, that was so much help thank you. Only if you have time, do you think that the new facilities like Bailey point is worth paying the extra money or will I get the same uni experience in for example Lyme Regis?
Also what is it about Lyme that makes it the best in your opinion??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending