The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, I am not! Why aren't you sure about going to Barts Malta?
Original post by Maltese Falcon
No, I am not! Why aren't you sure about going to Barts Malta?

It's located in Gozo, an island in Malta, and from what I have read there is a lack of patients there. And it's not yet GMC accredited so...... I'm not sure about it.
Original post by yadig?
Hey,
Is anyone studying at QMUL Malta or planing on studying there?

I've applied - got an interview. Just doing it for the practice really. As you said it's not GMC approved yet, so I'm reluctant to go ahead with it. However, they do say on their website they have 'contingency plans,' but the cost is just crazy -_-;;.
Original post by Medhopeful2020
I've applied - got an interview. Just doing it for the practice really. As you said it's not GMC approved yet, so I'm reluctant to go ahead with it. However, they do say on their website they have 'contingency plans,' but the cost is just crazy -_-;;.

Oh, I still didn't get a reply, however the cost is not really a problem for me because im an international student, so Unis in the UK charge almost double the price. But, yeah the GMC Approval is worrying.
Original post by yadig?
Oh, I still didn't get a reply, however the cost is not really a problem for me because im an international student, so Unis in the UK charge almost double the price. But, yeah the GMC Approval is worrying.

You should hear back this month I'm guessing. They'll send you an email with a document you need to read which they will discuss during the interview.
You should hear back this month I'm guessing. They'll send you an email with a document you need to read which they will discuss during the interview.

Where's your interview at? and where else did you apply?
Original post by yadig?
Where's your interview at? and where else did you apply?

The email says the interview is at the Whitechapel Campus.

I applied to: Cambridge, Aberdeen, Leeds & Brighton
Original post by yadig?
It's located in Gozo, an island in Malta, and from what I have read there is a lack of patients there. And it's not yet GMC accredited so...... I'm not sure about it.

I found this on the qmul website: "All MBBS Malta students who successfully pass the assessments over the duration of the course will graduate with a GMC recognised, MBBS degree from Queen Mary University of London, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry."

Doesnt that mean that it is GMC accredited?
Reply 28
Has anyone receiced interviews/offers yet?
If so, how did they go?
will you be accepting your offer?
Reply 29
I have applied for 2020 admission. I have also applied and received interviews from Edinburgh and KCL. I want to know the pros and cons before deciding where to go if I receive an offer
Original post by Anonymous
I found this on the qmul website: "All MBBS Malta students who successfully pass the assessments over the duration of the course will graduate with a GMC recognised, MBBS degree from Queen Mary University of London, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry."

Doesnt that mean that it is GMC accredited?

The GMC has yet to approve the course I believe and this can only be done once the very first cohort finishes. I think what they mean is if all goes well, then students will graduate with a GMC licensed degree.
Got an interview

Has anyone got an interview or offer before clearing UCAT (meaning they'll interview you and maybe make a conditional offer subject to your geeting qualifying marks in UCAT this summer)?
Has anyone got an interview or offer before clearing UCAT (meaning they'll interview you and maybe make a conditional offer subject to your geeting qualifying marks in UCAT this summer)?

I think one of the entry requirements is having done the UCAT; their threshold is very generous around 22XX I think? To be able to get an interview, I think they would need the UCAT results.
I think one of the entry requirements is having done the UCAT; their threshold is very generous around 22XX I think? To be able to get an interview, I think they would need the UCAT results.

I think you're right, thanks. I am undecided between QMUL (Barts) Malta and the 6 year MD at University of Nicosia Medical School. Would you say that Barts Malta would be the better choice between the two?
I think you're right, thanks. I am undecided between QMUL (Barts) Malta and the 6 year MD at University of Nicosia Medical School. Would you say that Barts Malta would be the better choice between the two?

You won't consider other unis like in Poland or Spain? I wanted to apply to Univ of Nicosia, but the fact it's private made me rethink my decision. However, if you still want to pick between both, I think QMUL would be a better choice, because the chance of not getting a GMC licence should be low as it is QMUL.
Original post by yadig?
You won't consider other unis like in Poland or Spain? I wanted to apply to Univ of Nicosia, but the fact it's private made me rethink my decision. However, if you still want to pick between both, I think QMUL would be a better choice, because the chance of not getting a GMC licence should be low as it is QMUL.

Are there Spanish med schools that teach in English???
Are there Spanish med schools that teach in English???

There's UIC Barcelona (Dentistry), UCAM (Dentistry), CEU UCH (Med,Dentistry), UNAV (Medicine) but first two years are in english then spanish. UNAV is highly ranked too but they need BMAT. Im doing the BMAT soon because im really considering UNAV.
Poland ---> has many unis but the top ones are Warsaw and Jagiellonian.
Czech has a few too
Hungary has a few
But the spanish ones are better especially UNAV
Original post by yadig?
There's UIC Barcelona (Dentistry), UCAM (Dentistry), CEU UCH (Med,Dentistry), UNAV (Medicine) but first two years are in english then spanish. UNAV is highly ranked too but they need BMAT. Im doing the BMAT soon because im really considering UNAV.
Poland ---> has many unis but the top ones are Warsaw and Jagiellonian.
Czech has a few too
Hungary has a few
But the spanish ones are better especially UNAV

Thanks!!!

So I previously studied at Queen Mary for a foundation and they provide good support. The lectures are defo good but I cannot speak for St George. Also, the University of Nicosia Medical School is more expensive. QM is also more well known for Medicine.
So I previously studied at Queen Mary for a foundation and they provide good support. The lectures are defo good but I cannot speak for St George. Also, the University of Nicosia Medical School is more expensive. QM is also more well known for Medicine.

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending