The Student Room Group

GCSE Study and Revision Groups 2020

2020 list of GCSE Study and Revision Group Chats!

Looking for advice, tips or just general chat about your subject revision and exams ? Well we have everything you need! Just follow the links below to find everything you need to prepare for this Summers exams!

Can't find your subject in our list? Create yours now and tag me in @Evil Homer to get it added to the list.

GCSE Revision and Study Discussions:

GCSE AQA Maths(H)>>
GCSE Edexcel Maths (H)>>
GCSE AQA English Literature>>
GCSE AQA Physics>>

GCSE AQA Computer Science>>
GCSE OCR Computer Science>>
GCSE AQA Business>>
GCSE Edexcel Maths (F)>>
GCSE AQA English Language>>
GCSE AQA French>>

GCSE AQA Geography>>
GCSE AQA Spanish>>
GCSE AQA Psychology>>
GCSE Edexcel Chemistry>>
GCSE Edexcel History>>

Scroll to see replies

AQA History by any chance?!
Original post by jackabee46

I might be able to get around to making AQA History next week, but you could always make one yourself and tag me in so I can add it to the list?
Reply 3
AQA Economics?
Reply 4
Aqa biology
And edexcel history
Original post by jackabee46

yep
aqa chemeduqas music aqa pe??
Original post by Evil Homer

Looking for advice, tips or just general chat about your subject revision and exams ? Well we have everything you need! Just follow the links below to find everything you need to prepare for this Summers exams!

Can't find your subject in our list? Create yours now and tag me in @Evil Homer to get it added to the list.

GCSE Edexcel Maths (H)>>
GCSE AQA Physics>>
GCSE AQA Business>>
GCSE Edexcel Maths (F)>>
GCSE AQA French>>

GCSE AQA Geography>>
GCSE AQA Spanish>>

I've started revising and for science specifically, I read a page of the revison guide, then watch a video about it using freesciencelssons.Then, I answer questions in the workbook. Quite a lot of info gets in my head. But not all. Do you think there's a better way to revise and retain information?
Original post by lt1.london
I've started revising and for science specifically, I read a page of the revison guide, then watch a video about it using freesciencelssons.Then, I answer questions in the workbook. Quite a lot of info gets in my head. But not all. Do you think there's a better way to revise and retain information?

Repetition write some notes out cover , say it, and write it again revising with someone else is good it’s like teaching each you remember things quicker that way.
AQA maths!?!?
If you want to chat in a group that isn't up at the moment it might be worth trying to make them yourself and tagging me in! Will try and make some more next week if I have time but if you want to go ahead!
Yall i just did my mocks and oof it was a pain. Got some results back and am disappointed lol. i think these websites would help:
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/
https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/gcse/
https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/
https://www.mathsisfun.com/
and also 'maths watch' and 'my maths'
Reply 12

GCSE Edexcel Maths (H)>>
GCSE AQA Physics>>
GCSE AQA Business>>
GCSE Edexcel Maths (F)>>
GCSE AQA French>>

GCSE AQA Geography>>
GCSE AQA Spanish>>
GCSE AQA Psychology>>

aqa maths?
Ocr double science?
Any chance of these being made? Thnx for the invite though

GCSE Edexcel Maths (H)>>
GCSE AQA Physics>>
GCSE AQA Business>>
GCSE Edexcel Maths (F)>>
GCSE AQA French>>

GCSE AQA Geography>>
GCSE AQA Spanish>>
GCSE AQA Psychology>>

AQA Combined Science
Reply 14
Just thought I'd share my most recent mock exam results with ya'll:
Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Biology (Triple) - 9
Chemistry (Triple) - 9
Physics (Triple) - 7
Geography - 7
Spanish - 7
R.E. - 5 (due to my extreme lack of revision😂)
But I'm having another mock in March, so hopefully, some of these grades go up.
Original post by Endola
Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Biology (Triple) - 9
Chemistry (Triple) - 9
Physics (Triple) - 7
Geography - 7
Spanish - 7

How have you managed these grades? I’m still getting 3’s and 4’s in maths and 5’s in sciences :frown: and I need to be getting 6’s and 7’s x
Original post by Endola
Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Biology (Triple) - 9
Chemistry (Triple) - 9
Physics (Triple) - 7
Geography - 7
Spanish - 7

damn how’d you get all 9s in science? share your revision hacks please damnnnn
i still haven’t started revising woops. how do i bring myself up to it i honestly can’t be asked and i don’t care about gcses anymore currently but this will defo change when it’s gcse season. ughhhh how do i make myself care now bc i need to start revising
Original post by Endola
Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Biology (Triple) - 9
Chemistry (Triple) - 9
Physics (Triple) - 7
Geography - 7
Spanish - 7

are you doing aqa for science and how did you get a 9 in chem and bio? how did you get a an 8 in maths? also ive only just started my eng lit revision and i have so much to do that i dont think i might everything done. at this point, i think im gonna fail :frown: i really want 8s and 9s in my gcses. help...
Reply 19
Original post by Chlx3_xoxo
How have you managed these grades? I’m still getting 3’s and 4’s in maths and 5’s in sciences :frown: and I need to be getting 6’s and 7’s x

Don't worry, you'll get there I promise! Maths really does require practice, so keep pushing yourself. As for science, I always make sure I understand everything well before I move onto another topic. Because for example, Chemistry requires you to understand the first part of a topic well in order to move onto the second. I don't know about you but I don't like freesciencelessons videos. I watch other videos on youtube though. And I try to use active recall to make sure information don't evaporate from my mind after a week😂

Quick Reply

Latest