The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat

Welcome to GCSE AQA Physics Revision and Study Chat! :hi:

The exam timetable is:
Wednesday 20th May: Paper 1 (8463/1F+H)
Friday 12th June: Paper 2 (8463/2F+H)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below! :h:

How to prepare for exams (general tips)

This thread is for anyone studying GCSE Physics(AQA)
. Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck: :dumbells:

Scroll to see replies

Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group :smile:

Specification: GCSE AQA Physics Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:

Useful posts:
Reply 2
Hey, is this for triple? Or just combined?
Reply 3
Original post by Endola
Hey, is this for triple? Or just combined?

Not too sure but I'm doing triple. What are u doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Khnz

Yep, I'm doing triple too
Hi! :smile: Doing triple haha
Reply 6
Original post by Endola
Yep, I'm doing triple too

How u finding it?
Reply 7
Original post by Khnz
How u finding it?

Bio and Chem are good, but physics is a bit on the downside. I have my next Mocks in March and we haven't even begun learning the content for paper 2. And I'm procrastinating so much😂 hbu?
Reply 8
Original post by Endola
Bio and Chem are good, but physics is a bit on the downside. I have my next Mocks in March and we haven't even begun learning the content for paper 2. And I'm procrastinating so much😂 hbu?

Literally me physics mock that i did in november was the one i did the worst in the sciences. And the content for me is too much lol. Iv only just pushed myself to do physics revision daily as i need to improve in it but keep procrastinating lol. We have only one topic left electromagnetic and just completed waves today which i dont even understand it and topic test next week. So need to start revising for it.
Physics and maths tutor website id good don't know if u know about it has lots of practice questions.:wink:
Original post by Khnz

same im doing triple!
I'm doing triple but im in year 10!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Khnz
Literally me physics mock that i did in november was the one i did the worst in the sciences. And the content for me is too much lol. Iv only just pushed myself to do physics revision daily as i need to improve in it but keep procrastinating lol. We have only one topic left electromagnetic and just completed waves today which i dont even understand it and topic test next week. So need to start revising for it.
Physics and maths tutor website id good don't know if u know about it has lots of practice questions.:wink:

yes same!! My physics mock was the worst out of the three. But yeah I also don't understand waves, but at some point, I'll have to force myself to understand it because everything in physics is just so complicated. And I made the stupid decision of choosing it as one of my A-Levels *face palm*
Physics is definitely my worst science of the 3. I got 9s in Chem and Bio but a 7 in physics.

Original post by Endola
yes same!! My physics mock was the worst out of the three. But yeah I also don't understand waves, but at some point, I'll have to force myself to understand it because everything in physics is just so complicated. And I made the stupid decision of choosing it as one of my A-Levels *face palm*

What about waves don't you understand?
Reply 13
Original post by pantsatdancing
Physics is definitely my worst science of the 3. I got 9s in Chem and Bio but a 7 in physics.

What about waves don't you understand?

Would you think I'm lying if I said everything?😂 because my mind is genuinely blank when I think about waves. I can only think of the words "frequency" and "wave length".
Reply 14
triple students are you way behind on content or is my teacher just waffling lol
Reply 15
Original post by jayydah
triple students are you way behind on content or is my teacher just waffling lol

haha, I'm wayyy behind on content. So I'm just goin' to work at my own pace instead
Original post by D_Patel14
I'm doing triple but im in year 10!

same here! did u start learning content in yr9 or 10 and what topic are u learning right now
Original post by Madz178
same here! did u start learning content in yr9 or 10 and what topic are u learning right now

we started in yr9 but i swear there was no use of that we finished paper one like beginning of yr 11 and then we are doing paper 2 now
ha. i have my physics paper 2 mock tomo. but these idiot teachers took out questions on content we hadn’t covered as so are throwing in paper 1 questions on there too which is horrible because as soon as I’d finished the physics paper 1 mock a few days ago, everything just left my brain.
Original post by Madz178

We did Energy in year 9.
Now I am learning about Atomic Structure (e.g.radioactivity and radioactive decay etc).
This year we did electricity & particle model of matter.
(BTW I'm doing AQA what exam board are you doing?)
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending