The Student Room Group

Edinburgh MBChB for HCP 2020 Entry

Welcome to the University of Edinburgh MBChB for HCP 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/edinburgh-medical-school/mbchb-for-healthcare-professionals

For entry requirements click: https://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/edinburgh-medical-school/mbchb-for-healthcare-professionals/how-to-apply/entry-requirements-and-how-to-apply

Edinburgh Medicine 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6333350

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there no chance for professionals that don’t live in Scotland to apply? If not, when do you think this criteria will be lifted?
This course is only open to those living and working in Scotland :-/ANP EM
Reply 3
Original post by SandiyG
Is there no chance for professionals that don’t live in Scotland to apply? If not, when do you think this criteria will be lifted?

I emailed last year when I first heard about the programme. My correspondence was as followed:

My email
Dear undergraduate medical admissions,
I am enquiring about my eligibility to apply for the HCP MBChB that is being introduced in 2019.
I have been working as a clinical pharmacist for the past 14 months and have since developed an interest in the medical profession through my experiences within clinical practice and voluntary commitments. However, the admissions webpage stipulates prospective applications being from healthcare professionals currently working in Scotland. Since I currently work in England, would this automatically exclude me from applying for the HCP MBChB programme; given that I would commit myself to working and living in Scotland if I went on to qualify?

Their reply
Thank you for your email and your interest in studying with us.
I’m afraid as the information on our website suggests this programme is only open to those who hold a degree in a health-related profession who are currently practising in the NHS or a related organisation in Scotland.
I’m sorry if this is disappointing.
Best wishes
Not at present no and as far as I can see, they don’t intend lifting any time soon
Reply 5
Thanks guys. Is there any word on any other universities in England or Wales that might trial this route?
Reply 6
Any hope that English residents would be able to apply to a course like this ?
Seems like a fantastic idea. !
Reply 7
Very disappointed I can’t apply
Yes, sad but I can understand why... there’s very few places and Scotland already has disproportionate numbers of non- Scottish students in their schools.
Reply 9
Anyone got an interview for hcp-med at Edinburgh uni?
Reply 10
Does anyone have an interview for this?
Reply 11
Original post by chelc97
Anyone got an interview for hcp-med at Edinburgh uni?

Yes I do! It’s on 20th at half 2 I think
Reply 12
Original post by Jlh7494
Yes I do! It’s on 20th at half 2 I think

I’m the 20th too at half 10 I think! Literally no idea what to expect/ how to prep
Reply 13
Original post by chelc97
I’m the 20th too at half 10 I think! Literally no idea what to expect/ how to prep

I know they really didn’t give us much to go on! It will be interesting to see what they ask us for it to last three hours!
Reply 14
I know! I thought it might have been a group thing- so unprepared either way!
Reply 15
Original post by chelc97
I know! I thought it might have been a group thing- so unprepared either way!

Oh yeah maybe actually! I tried googling medical school teamwork interview but nothing really came up. What do you work as currently?
Reply 16
I’m the same! Winging it will be the theme of the day. I’m a nurse, what about you?
Reply 17
Original post by chelc97
I’m the same! Winging it will be the theme of the day. I’m a nurse, what about you?

Yeah I think me too! I have looked at a few questions but I don’t want to sound too rehearsed. Oh that’s cool! You guys work crazy hard so you will have loads of experience. I am a pharmacist at the moment
Reply 18
I have an interview on the 20th too! Mine is in the afternoon. So exciting! Oh and I’m a nurse as well :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by kroy
I have an interview on the 20th too! Mine is in the afternoon. So exciting! Oh and I’m a nurse as well :smile:

Oh exciting I will see you there!! Wonder how many people they are interviewing 🧐

Latest

Trending

Trending