The Student Room Group

“extremism is just an expression of freedom of speech and should be allowed”

i'm having a bit of trouble thinking of different viewpoints to this question, i got so far as that it could be a message from god and that he has an assigned role during the afterlife, but i'm not sure
you could talk about the impacts of extremism on others? so (not be cliche) but ISIS had a bad impact, however other forms of extremism such as veganism has a positive impact on the environment, and other religious extremisms such as Buddhism and their extreme monks has a positive impact on surrounding areas and can bring peace and education.
Reply 2
Original post by fbigsc123
i'm having a bit of trouble thinking of different viewpoints to this question, i got so far as that it could be a message from god and that he has an assigned role during the afterlife, but i'm not sure

One example is Martin Luther king jr .
Martin Luther king was labelled as an extremist by “white moderates” and the Christian leadership of local churches. Martin Luther king embraced the title so that he could act as an advocate for the ending of segregation. This shows that extremism can be good if it tackles a severe injustice
Reply 3
The statement is correct, extreme views are protected by the Human Rights Act, but the second you act on those extreme views to commit a crime it is illegal.
Original post by TheOnlyIzzy
other forms of extremism such as veganism

:rofl:
Original post by yelir
The statement is correct, extreme views are protected by the Human Rights Act, but the second you act on those extreme views to commit a crime it is illegal.

Presumably the law extends a little further than that? Hopefully if you incite people to violence, you'll be locked up, even if you don't directly take part.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
:rofl:

I know I understand its not religious, but the question didn't ask about religion, just extremism, and veganism (im not vegan fyi) but it is a form of dietary extremism, thus fitting the question

Quick Reply

Latest