The Student Room Group

The Ga11ery modelling

I was wondering if anyone else has been contacted by these or if it’s a scam I’ve payed a £50 deposit fee and am there on the 25th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coreyjackw
I was wondering if anyone else has been contacted by these or if it’s a scam I’ve payed a £50 deposit fee and am there on the 25th

They are a scan
Reply 2
My son has been selected and they want to see him this Saturday. I'm very weary of them too, it seems too good to be true. I paid the £50 which they say is refundable
Reply 3
Original post by Manuela33
They are a scan

Hi mate how do you know this
Hi mate how do you know this

I went there.
Paid £1000. Promised job
And did you get nothing.
And they are not answering my calls as well
Reply 5
Sorry to hear that mate they said my money is fully refundable from any day before the 21st so I’ve just asked for my £50 back they got no reviews or anything

Original post by Manuela33
I went there.
Paid £1000. Promised job
And did you get nothing.
And they are not answering my calls as well
Reply 6
Sorry to hear that mate they said my money is fully refundable from any day before the 21st so I’ve just asked for my £50 back they got no reviews or anything

Just because someone says something is refundable doesn't mean they will or have to. Everything is refundable, a shop could refund you for a sandwich you bought 3 years ago if they wanted - but their policy and decision is not to. I would not trust a "modeling agency" who asks for money from you. Surely if they thought you could earn them money they'd just sign up up and get your portfolio out there...
Reply 7
I also got a call yesterday and paid the 50£ as well. I am now feeling very nervous about that and am trying to cancel but all of my phone calls are going to voicemail! Do you have a number I could call?
No.
That's what they do.
Once they get you they don't answer anymore.
Try calling from another number.
If you can't, just go for the appointment and get your money back.
DO NOT buy anything else 😅
Total Scam. Do not go there.
I got call today and i payed £50 they said they’ll meet me on this Thursday for photoshoot then they’ll contact me if other brands wants me and also I’ve to pay for my pictures he didn’t tell me how much but everywhere people are calling them fake agency but the people was really nice to me even I’m asian he said if I wanted to do asian bridal model i can bring my asian cloths with me I’m so confused and nervous whether to go or not someone please help.!
Reply 11
*020 3973 4826‬ That’s the number they’ve just used to contact me.
As someone who has been scammed before. I went on their site to see the list of directors and staff - you know the typical things you can find on most legit sites. But zit.
*020 3973 4830‬ That is the number he contact me.!
Reply 13
Have you tried calling back the number ? Always rings out and goes to voicemail and the voicemail does not state their company name.
I can't believe people believe **** like this lmfao
Original post by Kell4
Have you tried calling back the number ? Always rings out and goes to voicemail and the voicemail does not state their company name.

Why don’t people go and report them ?
We did the same, but today have decided not to go after reading all dreadful stuff about these cheaters. Total scam. Lesson learned lost £50. Also cancelled the card we used to pay so they can’t take any more. Fakers Cheaters
Its a scam, my brother went there and they turned him back saying he had to be accompanied with someone over 21 which they did not state on the phone, they said he could reschedule or call and get a refund same day. He called but they would not answer his calls, he used my phone, they answered straight away and at first said he didnt have an appointment today and then said he shouldnt have been turned away and they will talk to someone and call back in 5/10 minutes. They didnt call back and wouldnt answer any more calls. It’s evidently a scam as they ask you to transfer money to their account rather than debit the payment like any company would, im just struggling to understand how they have a work building or if the people calling are even related to the building itself
(edited 4 years ago)
I did a £50 deposit and I went there and the photographer was such a great artist! The photos came out very nice and I got called into this room and he was explaining how out of 500 people only 50 get picked and then out of 50 they choose 3 girls and said I was the 2nd girl of the 3 they picked...he explained how much I had to pay for a contract (£3500) I said there’s no way I have that sort of money on me and don’t think anyone has just sitting there so I can only do £250 and he said he can take the £50 deposit so that’s £300 and he said they will pay the rest...he have me my pics on the stick and said there will be someone phoning you next week, yesterday I got an email with the pictures and today I had a email saying congratulations and to email them or phone with any questions to the head office, no number attached and said No one has phoned me yet, they said at the model studio that I had a photoshoot in London in 3 weeks time and will explain about everything? Apparently they used to be called xenon modelling? I messaged people who went to the same place and 1 out of the 5 people I messaged said it wasn’t a scam so confused
Hi, my friend just did the excact same thing yesterday but instead of paying £300 he ended up paying £750. I'm still confused and trying to figure out if it's a scam or not. Please let me know if anything happens or if they get back to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending