The Student Room Group

worried about hiv from recieving blowjob

So about a week ago, I received a blowjob from a guy. That’s all, I didn’t suck him and nothing else happened. He said he was HIV negative, but of course you never know if someone’s lying or not. I’m so scared and anxious that I might have HIV. What are the chances of me contracting HIV from getting a blow job??? The guy didn’t have any visible cuts or anything and I don’t have any on my penis. I’m just really scared. I don’t have any symptoms yet but I’m worried. I am so scared. I regret it so much.
Original post by Anonymous
So about a week ago, I received a blowjob from a guy. That’s all, I didn’t suck him and nothing else happened. He said he was HIV negative, but of course you never know if someone’s lying or not. I’m so scared and anxious that I might have HIV. What are the chances of me contracting HIV from getting a blow job??? The guy didn’t have any visible cuts or anything and I don’t have any on my penis. I’m just really scared. I don’t have any symptoms yet but I’m worried. I am so scared. I regret it so much.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely. I cannot emphasize enough how low the risk is.

"If you’re receiving a blowjob. Insertive oral sex is an unlikely method of transmission, too. Enzymes in the saliva neutralize many viral particles. This may be true even if the saliva contains blood."

Do you have any reason to suspect this person has HIV? Even in the very unlikely case that he does, there is little to no possibility he transmitted it to you.
Reply 2
Original post by keyboard3
It is EXTREMELY unlikely. I cannot emphasize enough how low the risk is.

"If you’re receiving a blowjob. Insertive oral sex is an unlikely method of transmission, too. Enzymes in the saliva neutralize many viral particles. This may be true even if the saliva contains blood."

Do you have any reason to suspect this person has HIV? Even in the very unlikely case that he does, there is little to no possibility he transmitted it to you.

Nothing to suspect he does, just the fear that he could be lying. Should I get tested for peace of mind? And if so, when should I do so?
Nothing to suspect he does, just the fear that he could be lying. Should I get tested for peace of mind? And if so, when should I do so?

Yes. Give it at least a month, or better three, after the incident.

Again, even if he is lying, it is extremely unlikely. But yes, for peace of mind, you can get tested. There's no harm in doing so. You should at least wait about a month after the incident.
Hey! Sorry that you feel scared and worried, but if it's any consolation the chances that you received HIV from your experience is incredibly low; you can't get HIV from saliva, and as you said he didn't have any visible cuts or anything so you'll be fine! If you're still worried you can always go to the GP, they're very unjudgemental and will definitely be able to help you!
Reply 6
Original post by Silly_scientist
Hey! Sorry that you feel scared and worried, but if it's any consolation the chances that you received HIV from your experience is incredibly low; you can't get HIV from saliva, and as you said he didn't have any visible cuts or anything so you'll be fine! If you're still worried you can always go to the GP, they're very unjudgemental and will definitely be able to help you!

Thank you for your kind advice! When would you say I should get tested, a month after I had the oral sex? And should I get a 3 month follow up too?

Quick Reply

Latest