The Student Room Group

Most overrated musical artists

Scroll to see replies

The Beatles
Ppl are gonna hate me for this but I’m not a big fan of high pitched singing voices like Ariana grande. I like deeper voices like adele
Cardi B
Taylor Swift
Billie Ellish
Stormzy
Jess Glynne
Camilla Cabello
Original post by Sammylou40
The Beatles

Numbers don’t lie, the Beatles were soo good man
The Beatles

Original post by awkwardshortguy
Led Zeppelin

Oh boy, this makes me want to cry a little. :cry2:

To answer the question though - Ed Sheeran, he's talented and very good live, I don't doubt that, but for the love of god I'm actually sick of hearing his voice.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reading some of the replies here makes you realise the thin line between “overrated artists “and “I don’t like these artists but everyone likes them” smh
Original post by Neurocandid
Reading some of the replies here makes you realise the thin line between “overrated artists “and “I don’t like these artists but everyone likes them” smh

We are allowed a personal opinion you know
Reply 27
The Beatles

I appreciate their influence but I just don't like em very much. A sacrilege round these parts, and even in my family tbh :laugh:
Reply 28
Led Zeppelin
Emperor

first, yes

don't get the second, especially if you like black metal!
Original post by Rock Fan
We are allowed a personal opinion you know

And so Am I
Original post by Neurocandid
And so Am I

Yes but what you may see as overrated will be different to what we see as overrated.
Original post by gjd800
first, yes

don't get the second, especially if you like black metal!

Black metal used to be my favourite genre. I used to listen to nothing else for a time. But I just never got the fascination with Emperor. I actually bought an Emperor T-shirt because I was sure that if I listened to them enough I would come to appreciate them but I never did.
Original post by MidgetFever
Oh boy, this makes me want to cry a little. :cry2:

You think Led Zeppelin have more than like 4 good songs? Even including ones that contain material they plagiarised?
Reply 33
Black metal used to be my favourite genre. I used to listen to nothing else for a time. But I just never got the fascination with Emperor. I actually bought an Emperor T-shirt because I was sure that if I listened to them enough I would come to appreciate them but I never did.

Mad, but I respect it. They aren't my fave bm band but I do love em, especially their more proggy stuff. Influence of them was incredible and Ihsahn is one if my fave ever guitarists
juice wrld
billie eilish.
Reply 36
Overated = anyone who can't go on stage with just an instrument and entertain. i.e. anyone who is played on Capital FM.
Original post by dmc-v
Overated = anyone who can't go on stage with just an instrument and entertain. i.e. anyone who is played on Capital FM.

Agreed. I try my best to avoid Capital lol.
Reply 38
taylor swift
selena gomez- CAN'T SING
cardi b
beyonce
Reply 39
J-Cole.

Quick Reply

Latest