The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anybody know whether HKU are lenient in their requirements?
I'm missing one point from my Maths Grade but my overall score is competitive. Just hoping for a miracle at this point, ahhh it sucks
Original post by somwhaghuman
Haven't gotten any feedback from both CUHK and HKU. Have you had an interview with either one already?

I had an interview with CUHK for their business programs. Nothing from HKU yet tho :frown:
Original post by ariyanakhan
I had an interview with CUHK for their business programs. Nothing from HKU yet tho :frown:

Congrats on getting an interview with CUHK! I'm sure they'll get back to you soo. I wouldn't worry too much about HKU. I think we all are hoping for them to finally consider applications lol
Hi! I applied to HKU and CUHK for their business and econ programs. Has anyone received offers from CUHK and HKU?

Hi, I applied for engineering in CUHK and received a conditional offer. I am yet to receive a feedback from HKU.
Congrats on getting an interview with CUHK! I'm sure they'll get back to you soo. I wouldn't worry too much about HKU. I think we all are hoping for them to finally consider applications lol

Thanks! I also received an invitation for interview for IBGM next week. I really hope they don't reduce the scholarships this year. What do you guys think?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied for engineering in CUHK and received a conditional offer. I am yet to receive a feedback from HKU.

Whoaa congratulations! So how much time have they given you to accept the offer?
Whoaa congratulations! So how much time have they given you to accept the offer?

Thanks... I gotta give a reply by 23rd of this month.
Best of luck to you too!!!
Glad I found this thread!

Got an offer for Social Sciences and Economics (2nd and 5th choices respectively) and I have an interview scheduled next week :smile:
Original post by patrix1k
Glad I found this thread!

Got an offer for Social Sciences and Economics (2nd and 5th choices respectively) and I have an interview scheduled next week :smile:

Congratulations! Which uni did you get an offer from if I may ask? And who will you have an interview with? :smile:
Congratulations! Which uni did you get an offer from if I may ask? And who will you have an interview with? :smile:

Oops I almost thought this was an HKU-only thread... haha
But both of those offers are for HKU 36 for Social Science and 35 for Econ
Still waiting on BSc and BASc (this course is the one i have an interview for).

I also applied to HKUST -- the QSA programme and the BSc group B
When did you apply to HKU? I still haven't gotten back anything from them ever since I applied (except for an email saying that it will be considered once I submitted my application). Anyway, congrats!

You got an offer from UST? I was admitted to the BSc (Group B) programme as well:smile:
When did you apply to HKU? I still haven't gotten back anything from them ever since I applied (except for an email saying that it will be considered once I submitted my application). Anyway, congrats!

You got an offer from UST? I was admitted to the BSc (Group B) programme as well:smile:

I applied near the main round deadline for HKU -- around Nov 20? But I took a while to upload my personal statement and personal details so I guess they were lenient with the grades.

I haven't gotten an offer from UST, but congrats on yours!

I applied to UST too but didnt get any reply, did you apply for the main round?
did anyone else get an offer from hku? I am so stressed. I got an offer from CUHK for the science programme but nothing else :frown:
Original post by ayeeeeee
I applied to UST too but didnt get any reply, did you apply for the main round?

I applied during the early round because I knew they send out early round offers during December :smile: I'm sure they'll get back to you of you applied during the main round.

Original post by ayeeeeee
did anyone else get an offer from hku? I am so stressed. I got an offer from CUHK for the science programme but nothing else :frown:

Haven't heard back from HKU at all. For CUHK I am currently waiting for my passport so I can upload that:') Congrats on your offer though! Which uni is your first choice given you get accepted?
with what predicted did you applied with? i want to evaluate my chances since i got IB 38 predicted but a 4 in math SL
Original post by sheng123
with what predicted did you applied with? i want to evaluate my chances since i got IB 38 predicted but a 4 in math SL

I think from your overall score you have a good chance:smile: I am predicted a grade that from what I've seen would be equivalent to rougly 41 to 45 on the IB (I'm studying a different curriculum) but my conditional offer for UST would be equivalent to around 36 on the IB, so you definitely should be considered grade wise.
yes me
Reply 38
Applied to HKUST UG as international with IB during early round
Got an offer for Engineering with scholarship
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AppyK12
Applied to HKUST UG as international with IB during early round
Got an offer for Engineering with scholarship

Congrats! Are you going to accept it?

Latest

Trending

Trending