The Student Room Group

1917?

[video="youtube;gZjQROMAh_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZjQROMAh_s[/video]

Anyone going to see this once it comes out? Looks really good.

I'm off to see it Friday night after work :woo:

Scroll to see replies

I am because they filmed it near where I live.
Reply 2
Original post by Hetilo
I am because they filmed it near where I live.

That's cool! :biggrin:
I would really like to see this film.
Has received some really good reviews.
It looks so great :tongue:
Reply 5
Definitely
Original post by Glaz
It looks so great :tongue:

It certainly does.
Reply 7
They really are an experience. With Roger Deakins doing the cinematography for this, it no doubt will be. Off to see this tonight after work :biggrin:
Rather excited.
Reply 8
So I don't do IMAX for various reasons and fortunately my local (50 mile round trip) cinema has a much better than standard cinema setup to enjoy films But yeah.. Dunkirk I think I also saw on a Friday evening. Full of perhaps those born around the time of WW2 and wow. Come the end you're just kind of shocked with a whirlwind of emotions.
Reply 9
Haha. I take cinema seriously and make the choice to go to this one rather than any of the 4(?) that are closer :lol: Thankfully it's just a sprint down the motorway which really then only takes 20 minutes or so. If not I do have a projector and surround sound at home here for anything I don't catch in the cinema :mmm:

Brother is also an extra in this one so challenge of spotting him in this is on!
Reply 10
:lol:
One of the perks of living by myself, you make the space suitable for it :tongue:
Yep. Saw this friday night. I'd go with maybe a 7/10? The way the story was told was superb. Continuous feel following them to the lighting in scenes such as the night flare scene. I just don't however perhaps feel the story was strong enough? idk. Didn't perhaps grip me enough.
Reply 11
We did not sadly! Will have to wait for The King's Man and look for myself :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 12
I thought it was brilliant - one of the best films I've seen in years.
The film is thrilling, moving on effectively from one shocking set piece to another, studding the narrative too with starry cameos.
Reply 14
Original post by MovieCritic
The film is thrilling, moving on effectively from one shocking set piece to another, studding the narrative too with starry cameos.

I actually felt that the cameos were a negative. I was really into the film and then Benedict Cumberbatch suddenly appeared which transported me out of WW1 and back into a cinema in 2020. I would have much preferred if they cast less well known actors for every role.
Reply 15
Saw it yesterday and will again this afternoon since I’ve nothing else going on. Lot of work to do such long shots but it comes out really well.
As visually stunning as the whole thing is I felt the film lacked a lot of depth in the main protagonists, I felt nothing for either of them.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending