The Student Room Group

Easier games to play before "Dark Souls".

Hey.

I was just wondering if there would be any easier games to play before attempting Dark Souls.

Thank you.

Sam.

Scroll to see replies

just play dark souls it's a game not an exam
Bloodborne
I don’t have a PS4.
Original post by Meowstic
just play dark souls it's a game not an exam

Haha that's almost exactly what I was about to say.

Too many have forgotten what games are for - leisure.
Reply 5
Original post by vestigalrex510
I don’t have a PS4.

bloodborne is hard tbh

I died on the very first enemy I encountered like 3 times in a row :colondollar::colonhash:
Just git gud.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Just git gud.

So just play the game and get better?

Yes, that is how games typically work.

Practice makes perfect
I mean even if you could 'practise' and 'train', when you get to playing it you're still going to die a zillion times 'cause that's the point.
resident evil 2
Original post by ozzyoscy
I mean even if you could 'practise' and 'train', when you get to playing it you're still going to die a zillion times 'cause that's the point.

So, is the point of the game to die a lot of times or to die a lot of times and then succeed?
So, is the point of the game to die a lot of times or to die a lot of times and then succeed?

The point is it's Nintendo Hard so you'll die a lot, and even if you're careful something will probably smash your face in suddenly.

So you have to do whatever you can to not die, which people have figured out involves rolling around over and over to try and dodge everything.
Original post by ozzyoscy
The point is it's Nintendo Hard so you'll die a lot, and even if you're careful something will probably smash your face in suddenly.

I assume that the vast majority of players will die a lot in one section at some point? Or maybe even all of the players?
I assume that the vast majority of players will die a lot in one section at some point? Or maybe even all of the players?

It'd be a bit closer to say all players die a lot in all sections.
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice.
I don’t have a PS4.

Just play the game; you will die a lot though
Reply 18
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Just git gud.

easier said than done.

Games are supposed to be fun.

If you are constantly dying [especially at the same point], there comes a point where it's no longer fun and really quite frustrating.

Theoretically the more you play the better you will get, but if you keep dying you may eventually lose the will to keep playing

I've stopped playing a couple of games before due to dying too many times.
I remember in the Mega Drive days, if you died at the same point, you had to play the whole game all over again just to get back to it, by which point you didn't remember the timing of the boss or jump and just died all over again. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest