The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I applied about a month ago and havent gotten any answer back yet. My UCAT is 2830 stj band 1 so I expected an interview but it's taking so long that I'm worried.
Has anyone had an interview yet?
Original post by pbgstl
I applied about a month ago and havent gotten any answer back yet. My UCAT is 2830 stj band 1 so I expected an interview but it's taking so long that I'm worried.
Has anyone had an interview yet?

I applied 3 weeks ago but no reply yet, they said they still didn't start processing my application.
Reply 42
Original post by yadig?
I applied 3 weeks ago but no reply yet, they said they still didn't start processing my application.

I applied about a month ago and got an email yesterday saying my application has been sent to the second assessor. Is that good or bad news I'm not too sure. Has anyone got a similar reply?
Reply 43
Original post by Medhopeful2020
Got an interview

Hey! Congrats!
I applied about a month ago and got an email yesterday saying my application has been sent to the second assessor. Is that good or bad news I'm not too sure. Did you get a similar reply before getting an offer?
I have an average UCAT score but did get band 1 in SJT. It's above the requirements they have so hoping for an interview but a bit nervous as it's been a while since I've applied.
Original post by RaabM
I applied about a month ago and got an email yesterday saying my application has been sent to the second assessor. Is that good or bad news I'm not too sure. Has anyone got a similar reply?

I think that's good news. Your UCAT SJT is really high :eek: i got a band 3..... With an average score but my gcses and a levels speak out for me i think :smile:. Hoping for an invite!!!
Original post by RaabM
Hey! Congrats!
I applied about a month ago and got an email yesterday saying my application has been sent to the second assessor. Is that good or bad news I'm not too sure. Did you get a similar reply before getting an offer?
I have an average UCAT score but did get band 1 in SJT. It's above the requirements they have so hoping for an interview but a bit nervous as it's been a while since I've applied.

After this, you usually get an invite. I think my invite came the day after the second assessor email.
Reply 46
After this, you usually get an invite. I think my invite came the day after the second assessor email.

That's good news then haha. When have you chosen to give your interview?
Original post by RaabM
That's good news then haha. When have you chosen to give your interview?

Next week - Thursday. I'm just hoping to get some good practice out of it.
Reply 48
Next week - Thursday. I'm just hoping to get some good practice out of it.

Are you not planning to take the offer if you do get it? Also are you going down to London or just over Skype? And also is the interview MMI or panel?
Original post by RaabM
Are you not planning to take the offer if you do get it? Also are you going down to London or just over Skype? And also is the interview MMI or panel?

So I'm not planning to take the offer If I get it. I've already been offered an MRes at Imperial so I will be taking that instead but I hope to apply for Med again if I'm unsuccessful with my choices this year. I live in London and in the interview invite, they didn't really give me a skype option. They asked me to meet them at the Whitechapel Campus so will see how it goes. So from what I can guess the interview is traditional/panel
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 50
So I'm not planning to take the offer If I get it. I've already been offered an MRes at Imperial so I will be taking that instead but I hope to apply for Med again if I'm unsuccessful with my choices this year. I live in London and in the interview invite, they didn't really give me a skype option. They asked me to meet them at the Whitechapel Campus so will see how it goes. So from what I can guess the interview is traditional/panel

Got an interview!!
Original post by RaabM
Got an interview!!

congratulations
Congratulations to everyone who has an interview!

I have just applied to QMUL Malta today. And I received an email from them saying that I would hear back within 2 weeks.

May I ask, how long did it take to get an interview after submitting the application? I am just worried about not having enough time to prepare myself in case I do get offered an interview.

Thanks
Original post by Angel98_

I have just applied to QMUL Malta today. And I received an email from them saying that I would hear back within 2 weeks.

May I ask, how long did it take to get an interview after submitting the application? I am just worried about not having enough time to prepare myself in case I do get offered an interview.

Thanks

I applied almost 3-4 weeks ago. I still didn't receive an invite, so you'll have time.
Reply 54
Original post by Angel98_

Thanks

They will get back to you in about 15 days and then will give you about a.weeks notice for an interview. It is actually not a lot of time.
Original post by RaabM
They will get back to you in about 15 days and then will give you about a.weeks notice for an interview. It is actually not a lot of time.

Really? Then why are they taking ages for my application?
Reply 56
Original post by yadig?
Really? Then why are they taking ages for my application?

You probably applied in December right? It's just that it was not term time cus of Christmas break, that's why it's taking a bit longer. But you should hear within another week or so.
(edited 4 years ago)
What do you guys think of applying to QMUL Malta? Many seem to have doubts, so I'm unsure and that's why I am asking ...
Original post by RaabM
You probably applied in December right? It's just that it was not term time cus of Christmas break, that's why it's taking a bit longer. But you should hear within another week or so.

Yeah I applied in December. I'll wait for a reply..
Reply 59
Original post by Maltese Falcon
What do you guys think of applying to QMUL Malta? Many seem to have doubts, so I'm unsure and that's why I am asking ...

I don't know why people seem to have so many doubts. The diploma you get when you graduate is the same as the one in London and you can choose to do FY 1 and 2 as well as the specialty in the UK.
I also think that there might be advantages with going to a smaller and less competitive school (more likely to be top of the class, smaller hospitals give students more chance to do stuff).
I know people might disagree with these ideas but from my experience I think QMUL might not be a bad idea.
Personally the idea that it's in Malta is also very apealing because the Mediterranean lifestyle and weather is what I'm used to and I have family there so I wouldnt mind staying to live there long term.
Of course many of these points are based on my personal preferences but overall I would suggest at least applying.

Latest