The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2020

Anyone had this email from bath?

‘we are unlikely to be able to make a decision on your UCAS application until after all 'on time' applications have been considered’

Applied on 9th October.

Have also applied to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Sheffield and Manchester but have only had an interview from Cambridge.

Anyone different?
Reply 1
Original post by Whedwards

‘we are unlikely to be able to make a decision on your UCAS application until after all 'on time' applications have been considered’

Applied on 9th October.

Have also applied to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Sheffield and Manchester but have only had an interview from Cambridge.

Anyone different?

Hi I'm in a similar situation, i submitted my application on the 14th of October got that email from bath before the Christmas Holidays.

Thus far I've given in my portfolio for Sheffield, submitted the ucl task, received an offer from Cardiff, had my Cambridge interview.

How would you say you felt about the interview experience/ assessment?
Reply 2
Original post by mina..
Hi I'm in a similar situation, i submitted my application on the 14th of October got that email from bath before the Christmas Holidays.

Thus far I've given in my portfolio for Sheffield, submitted the ucl task, received an offer from Cardiff, had my Cambridge interview.

Hey. Yea pretty much same situation as me. I think the interview went well but unfortunately the interviewer was ill on the day. Not sure if this will have a negative or positive impact on my outcome. Guess we’ll see on the 15th!
Original post by mina..

Hey I've applied for architecture and interdisciplinary studies at UCL and I have my interview in January and was asked to write an extended personal statement. Did you do this as well or did you have a different task that you had to do before your interview? And what sort of questions did they ask you on your interview?
Reply 4
Original post by hokyung1121
Hey I've applied for architecture and interdisciplinary studies at UCL and I have my interview in January and was asked to write an extended personal statement. Did you do this as well or did you have a different task that you had to do before your interview? And what sort of questions did they ask you on your interview?

hi i had to submit a drawing task in early November, but i haven't heard back from ucl regarding interviews. when did you send off your application?
Original post by mina..
hi i had to submit a drawing task in early November, but i haven't heard back from ucl regarding interviews. when did you send off your application?

What sort of drawing task was it? Did you submit portfolio as well? For me, I applied in mid October, got asked to submit a mini portfolio in November, offered an interview for January in December, wanted me to write an extended personal statement and post that a week before my interview.
Reply 6
Original post by hokyung1121
What sort of drawing task was it? Did you submit portfolio as well? For me, I applied in mid October, got asked to submit a mini portfolio in November, offered an interview for January in December, wanted me to write an extended personal statement and post that a week before my interview.

With the drawing task you had to complete 5 A4 size drawings/ photographs relating to a set brief.
Reply 7
Original post by mina..
With the drawing task you had to complete 5 A4 size drawings/ photographs relating to a set brief.

Yes that’s what I did. No response on an interview yet.
hiyaa, I have an interview coming up in a couple weeks. What architects did people talk about?
Reply 9
Original post by Watercolourkid
hiyaa, I have an interview coming up in a couple weeks. What architects did people talk about?

Sir David Adjaye
Original post by mina..

congrats on the cardiff offer! did you have to do an interview for this?
Reply 11
Original post by cookie1362
congrats on the cardiff offer! did you have to do an interview for this?

nope they just wanted a digitally submitted portfolio.
Reply 12
Original post by Whedwards

Applied on 9th October.

Anyone different?

From the ones you've mentioned I've applied to Cambridge, Bath and Sheffield and haven't heard anything from the latter two regarding offers :s-smilie: I've seen other people get offers from Sheffield though and I was getting worried they were gonna reject me :eek3:

Good luck for Cambridge tomorrow! Fingers crossed we both get offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending