The Student Room Group

GCSE options

Hi! I want to be a corporate solicitor when I’m older. I’m a bit confused with my options. So far, I want to take business studies and triple science but for my third option it’s either French or Geography. Which one do you think I should take. I’m getting 7’s in my geography class and 7’s in my written French work but only a six in my spoken French work
Choose whichever you most enjoy and whichever you think you will get the best grades for. Most people who want to be lawyers tend to choose subjects like History... not saying you should. French is good as its a language and can be very helpful if you become a corporate lawyer. Geography allows you to be aware of current situations which is also quite good. I'm guessing you're doing GCSE so I'll advice for you not to really stress on this. If you have any universities in mind, look for what a level subjects they require to be taken for law, then try to tailor your choice to that? Only a suggestion.
Reply 2
Original post by littlemissshawty
Choose whichever you most enjoy and whichever you think you will get the best grades for. Most people who want to be lawyers tend to choose subjects like History... not saying you should. French is good as its a language and can be very helpful if you become a corporate lawyer. Geography allows you to be aware of current situations which is also quite good. I'm guessing you're doing GCSE so I'll advice for you not to really stress on this. If you have any universities in mind, look for what a level subjects they require to be taken for law, then try to tailor your choice to that? Only a suggestion.

Thank you
Many lawyers do History GCSE, so it would definitely be useful, however French might stand out a bit more on the CV in comparison to everyone else's History/Politics degrees. Overall, I would say history though.I want to be a lawyer too and my GCSEs are English Literature, English Language, Maths, Combined Science, History, Geography, Religious Studies, French and Russian.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest