The Student Room Group

Haven’t had any offers back

Is it normal I haven’t had any ucas offers back I applied around 18 dec

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it depends what unis you’ve applied for. Russell group unis from my experience take a lot longer because they get more applications in! Also some qualifications like one of mine was unheard of by universities and so they need to research to see whether you are suitable for the course or not! Hope this helps
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Llanitatw
Yeah it depends what unis you’ve applied for. Russell group unis from my experience take a lot longer because they get more applications in! Also some qualifications like one of mine was unheard of by universities and so they need to research to see whether you are suitable for the course or not! Hope this helps

What do you mean about research to see if you’re suitable or not & yes thank you
I haven't had any in yet either. Latest they should get back to you is 31st March
University admissions office would have closed for Christmas when your application was sent. You should now start receiving offer/rejections but some take a considerable time to decide.
Reply 5
Original post by sharksies
I haven't had any in yet either. Latest they should get back to you is 31st March

Ok that makes me feel better aha most people I know have atleast one and it was stressing me out I was the only one.Thank you
Original post by Jasmine.bx
Ok that makes me feel better aha most people I know have atleast one and it was stressing me out I was the only one.Thank you

No problem.
Reply 7
Original post by swanseajack1
University admissions office would have closed for Christmas when your application was sent. You should now start receiving offer/rejections but some take a considerable time to decide.

True thank you
Reply 8

Girllll I applied in Oct and only started getting offers in Jan 😭. The wait is unbearable but the offers will come through x no need to worry!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by holasnsns
Girllll I applied in Oct and only started getting offers in Jan 😭. The wait is unbearable but the offers will come through :smile: x no need to worry!

Whoaa aha I know my friends got them back so quick I was worried,what did you apply for
Whoaa aha I know my friends got them back so quick I was worried,what did you apply for

Cam, UCL, Durham, Kings & Warwick for law. You?
Reply 11
Update:
Only been 3 days but still haven’t
W

Update:
Only been 3 days but still haven’t

where have you applied and what for

I applied on the 27th of December to 2 Russel groups and 2 non-Russel groups and I have 4 conditional offers now...to be fair though I’ve already completed 2 a levels so they probably sped through my application! Usually the waiting time is 3-4 weeks but since your application hits the 4 week mark the day of the deadline they might be too flooded with work to update your UCAS!
Original post by chloebird
I applied on the 27th of December to 2 Russel groups and 2 non-Russel groups and I have 4 conditional offers now...to be fair though I’ve already completed 2 a levels so they probably sped through my application! Usually the waiting time is 3-4 weeks but since your application hits the 4 week mark the day of the deadline they might be too flooded with work to update your UCAS!

.This isnt true there isnt a set waiting time. Some universities take days others many months. Someone once had an offer here in less than 2 hours
Reply 15
mate I applied October 9th and have still not got a single offer (0/5)
Although I will get my Cambridge decision (rejection) tomorrow
Original post by swanseajack1
.This isnt true there isnt a set waiting time. Some universities take days others many months. Someone once had an offer here in less than 2 hours

I said usually honey...
I said usually honey...

There isnt a usually. Universities take varying lengths of time. Many take far longer. It depends on the university and the subject. Some universities use a gathered field and some especially Scottish universities tend not to look until after the January deadline.

If your going to join us....

It's Russell group, not Russel. 😂
I said usually honey...

The average time for a decision is 7 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending