The Student Room Group

Uni last minute learning from scratch 5 exams in 3 days

Chronic procrastinator over here. Rn in 2nd year of computing and management and messed up this semester for sure as I havent been to any lectures and didnt do any work outside. So I will be Learning from scratch and NOT revising. I have 5 exams starting on monday which leaves me about 3 days, each exam spaced out by about 4 days. I plan to give my all once I am up tommorrow and work on each module for 3/4 days as they come by.

I only want to pass each module (%40) so theres abit less pressure+the fact that I will be given another chance in the summer if I fail any now which I will try to avoid at any cost as I dont want a ruined summer.

I was in similar situations in first year and managed to pull through (maybe not as extreme as this though)

Any tips or similar situations??
Original post by Anonymous
Chronic procrastinator over here. Rn in 2nd year of computing and management and messed up this semester for sure as I havent been to any lectures and didnt do any work outside. So I will be Learning from scratch and NOT revising. I have 5 exams starting on monday which leaves me about 3 days, each exam spaced out by about 4 days. I plan to give my all once I am up tommorrow and work on each module for 3/4 days as they come by.

I only want to pass each module (%40) so theres abit less pressure+the fact that I will be given another chance in the summer if I fail any now which I will try to avoid at any cost as I dont want a ruined summer.

I was in similar situations in first year and managed to pull through (maybe not as extreme as this though)

Any tips or similar situations??

You will be fine just do practice papers rather than making too many notes
Reply 2
I plan on going through all the material firsr and the day before each exam do as many past papers
Reply 3
im in the same situation tbh but first year and first semester. i feel so much anxiety and pressure rn its unbearable :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Al3xtm
im in the same situation tbh but first year and first semester. i feel so much anxiety and pressure rn its unbearable :frown:

I was in a very similar position in my first year too (I never learn). Best thing to do is to to tell yourself:
1. You just want to pass it, be realistic no point wanting 50/60%+ its only going to add to the stress
2. Give it all you have but try not to be sleep deprived cos that **** messed me up, sleep at least 6 hours and esp before exam days.
3. Lastly NO stress whatsoever, know that you will most likely be given a 2nd chance in the summer to pass each module. In your mind take these exams as practice ones

Hopefully we pass these exams now coz I dont want to be studying over summer but who cares if I have to
Reply 5
Well just start now and tackle each exam as they come
Reply 6
I was in a very similar position in my first year too (I never learn). Best thing to do is to to tell yourself:
1. You just want to pass it, be realistic no point wanting 50/60%+ its only going to add to the stress
2. Give it all you have but try not to be sleep deprived cos that **** messed me up, sleep at least 6 hours and esp before exam days.
3. Lastly NO stress whatsoever, know that you will most likely be given a 2nd chance in the summer to pass each module. In your mind take these exams as practice ones

Hopefully we pass these exams now coz I dont want to be studying over summer but who cares if I have to

thanks man I feel less stressed, we will smash it!!! 🙏
Reply 7
Original post by Al3xtm
thanks man I feel less stressed, we will smash it!!! 🙏

Lol for some reason I dont feel any stress and as a result I still havent started
Reply 8
Lol for some reason I dont feel any stress and as a result I still havent started

Well you still have some time right? I have an exam on Tuesday and Thursday and the one on Thursday I haven't even looked at...
Reply 9
Original post by Al3xtm
Well you still have some time right? I have an exam on Tuesday and Thursday and the one on Thursday I haven't even looked at...

Aaaaaaa I better start then
Reply 10
How is it going
Original post by dddd1
How is it going

Just started wish me luck
Reply 12
Just started wish me luck

any updates on how its going? I finished my exam yesterday and it was meh :/ next exam i have on friday i'm definitely going to fail
Original post by Al3xtm
any updates on how its going? I finished my exam yesterday and it was meh :/ next exam i have on friday i'm definitely going to fail

how did it go lol? Ive done 2, first went quite bad although I knew pretty much the whole paper but needed to do alot of practice so ended up missing a whole q out of 3 coz of time so probs just about passing, 2nd went quite good. 3 to go now....
Reply 14
how did it go lol? Ive done 2, first went quite bad although I knew pretty much the whole paper but needed to do alot of practice so ended up missing a whole q out of 3 coz of time so probs just about passing, 2nd went quite good. 3 to go now....

Glad it went good for u bro. My first exam was okay I guess and I think for this one I flopped; I missed one concept that ended up being a large last question so I lost a lot of marks. Probably going to resit it but whatever. Last two for me I'm pretty confident on one of them but the other I have to put the work in. Good luck in your future exams 🙏
I got 3 to go starting in 5 days and need to study from scratch for them again, fml. good luck to you too bro

Quick Reply

Latest