The Student Room Group

Interview at Liverpool Wednesday

Is anyone else attending an interview at University of Liverpool this Wednesday (13th)??
Original post by Tashaistoast
Is anyone else attending an interview at University of Liverpool this Wednesday (13th)??

What subject are you applying to?
Hi! I'm applying to languages (hispanic studies), are you interviewing this week?
Hi! I'm applying to languages (hispanic studies), are you interviewing this week?

I have an interview this week (tomorrow!) for French and German c: see you there
Original post by Tildarachel
I have an interview this week (tomorrow!) for French and German c: see you there

Ahhh brilliant, yes good luck!! ☺️
Ahhh brilliant, yes good luck!! ☺️

Luck to you too!! (Quick question: how smart/casual are you dressing? I never know what the standard is for universities?!)
Original post by Tildarachel
Luck to you too!! (Quick question: how smart/casual are you dressing? I never know what the standard is for universities?!)

I'm dressing midway between, mint jumper from new look and then smart black skirt and shoes, make sure you're comfortable but tru not to wear ripped jeans aha
Reply 7

Hi I have my interview for Hispanic studies this week at Liverpool, should I expect te interview to be conducted in all Spanish? :smile:
Hi! I am doing the beginners pathway however I would imagine definitely not as the interviews were very informal, I found it was more of a chat actually. Good luck!
Reply 9
Hi! I am doing the beginners pathway however I would imagine definitely not as the interviews were very informal, I found it was more of a chat actually. Good luck!

Oh really? I want to be the most prepared but also do not want to burn myself out by preparing all my answers to questions in spanish and make myself to stressed haha. Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by ljb2002
Oh really? I want to be the most prepared but also do not want to burn myself out by preparing all my answers to questions in spanish and make myself to stressed haha. Thank you so much :smile:

Definitely try not to over stress yourself at all, they even told us before our interviews not to worry about them it's more about getting to know you :smile:
Reply 11
Definitely try not to over stress yourself at all, they even told us before our interviews not to worry about them it's more about getting to know you :smile:

Okay that's perfect. You have put me at ease aha thank you!
Are interviews common then? I’m currently studying at King’s College London and never had to do an interview
Reply 13
Original post by Charlie101998
Are interviews common then? I’m currently studying at King’s College London and never had to do an interview

I think they more common now but I am not really that sure. It depends on the course. I have applied to Uni of Leeds, Newcastle, Uni of Manc and Uni of Liverpool and only Liverpool and manc are interviewing me. I know people that have applied to both of those universities that do not need to attend an interview. Depends on course/uni I think.
Original post by ljb2002
I think they more common now but I am not really that sure. It depends on the course. I have applied to Uni of Leeds, Newcastle, Uni of Manc and Uni of Liverpool and only Liverpool and manc are interviewing me. I know people that have applied to both of those universities that do not need to attend an interview. Depends on course/uni I think.

Do you live close to Liverpool uni? If so can you tell me what the surrounding areas like? I’m thinking of transferring there
Original post by Charlie101998

Out of all 5 places I applied to, liverpool was the only one I had to attend an interview for :smile:
3 out of 5 asked for interviews for me (Liverpool, Manchester and Southampton)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending