The Student Room Group

Is this unhealthy?

I only have one meal a day?
I don't eat in sixth form so after I will just buy a burger meal and then not eat for the rest of the day.
I'm not skinny or fat and have a healthy bmi.
I don't like healthy food so if I eat unhealthy food i feel like it balances it out if I only have one meal?
Original post by Anonymous
I only have one meal a day?
I don't eat in sixth form so after I will just buy a burger meal and then not eat for the rest of the day.
I'm not skinny or fat and have a healthy bmi.
I don't like healthy food so if I eat unhealthy food i feel like it balances it out if I only have one meal?

I guess as long as the meal is enough to keep you full, but it’s not really recommended as (sometimes) if this carries on, your metabolism will slowly be effected and it will slow down massively, making you gain weight a lot quicker.
Also, when having one meal a day, it does cause you to snack a lot which also leads to weight gain in the long run.
Try having at least some breakfast in the morning even if it’s just a bit of fruit or something. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar
I guess as long as the meal is enough to keep you full, but it’s not really recommended as (sometimes) if this carries on, your metabolism will slowly be effected and it will slow down massively, making you gain weight a lot quicker.
Also, when having one meal a day, it does cause you to snack a lot which also leads to weight gain in the long run.
Try having at least some breakfast in the morning even if it’s just a bit of fruit or something. :smile:

I do have quite a fast metabolism to be far. Argh i know it slows down as I will get older how do I keep it fast 😂😂. Yeah I do snack a bit and it's all unhealthy
I do have quite a fast metabolism to be far. Argh i know it slows down as I will get older how do I keep it fast 😂😂. Yeah I do snack a bit and it's all unhealthy

To keep it fast, increase your meal intake and lower your snack intake. Haha
With only one meal I wouldn’t survive😂, I gotta have all my 3 meals or I start burping like crazy( I have gastritis). But honestly I suggest you have at least 2 meals a day.
Reply 5
Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar
To keep it fast, increase your meal intake and lower your snack intake. Haha

Lol the opposite of what I do then
Reply 6
Original post by Lizbeth.BB
With only one meal I wouldn’t survive😂, I gotta have all my 3 meals or I start burping like crazy( I have gastritis). But honestly I suggest you have at least 2 meals a day.

Aah I have acid reflux because I eat so much spicy food 😂😂:colondollar:
Reply 7
Personally, I think one meal isn’t enough. Do you have snacks throughout the day like fruits or veggies?
Aah I have acid reflux because I eat so much spicy food 😂😂:colondollar:

OMG me too, I Loveeeee hot cheetos or takis, specially with extra hot sauce and some drops of lemon juice
I'd say you're 100% deficient in at least one vitamin/mineral. Being a healthy weight doesn't mean you're actually healthy.
"I don't like healthy food" is not an excuse. You're an adult who should eat like an adult, not a whiny child.
I'd say you're 100% deficient in at least one vitamin/mineral. Being a healthy weight doesn't mean you're actually healthy.
"I don't like healthy food" is not an excuse. You're an adult who should eat like an adult, not a whiny child.

I have vitimin D deficiency but that is because of my skin colour and family having it too also I can eat what i want.
"Eat like an adult" How???

Quick Reply

Latest