The Student Room Group

A-level WJEC/Eduqas Media Studies Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat

Welcome A-level WJEC/Edquas Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable is:

Wednesday 3rd June 2020: Paper 1

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!

How to prepare for the exams (general tips)

This thread is for anyone that is studying A-level Media Studies (WJEC + Eduqas). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and find resources. Good luck everyone

Scroll to see replies

Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group :smile:

Specification

WJEC Media Studies Specification
Eduqas Media Studies Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:
Find all the Uni Applicant Threads here!
Find the 2020 Media Studies Applicants thread here>>
Useful posts:
does anyone know where to find last years media studies exam wjec ??
Original post by gingerninja231

It's reserved for mocks but try the WJEC website for other papers

I think they’re on the website but may have to have access from a teacher first?

I'm sure you can find the examiners report from last year maybe. they have all of the questions on there :smile:
Got my Media Studies mock on Thursday!
Has anybody finished their coursework yet?
Original post by martidstelling

we haven't even been told about it

good luck with your mock! this year our media class has been messed around with quite a lot which has been quite stressful.. but i finished coursework in november! i have mocks w/c 10th feb :frown: and we did a mock component 2 exam too which was horrible😂
Reply 9
Has anyone got any media industry information on 'The returned'? Trying to find info about it is proving hard!
does anyone have any predictions what might come up on the eduqas component 1 exam ? i was looking at past papers and they have used late night woman's hour and the daily mirror a lot! x
Original post by holly6901
we haven't even been told about it

Oh really? Have you finished the course though? Your teachers might just want to get the course finished first then start the coursework after, rather than starting it with content still to cover.
Original post by scarletchaplin
good luck with your mock! this year our media class has been messed around with quite a lot which has been quite stressful.. but i finished coursework in november! i have mocks w/c 10th feb :frown: and we did a mock component 2 exam too which was horrible😂

Thank you! I'm pretty nervous about it but I'm hoping it will be okay.
Oh wow! Which brief did you pick? I'm doing the TV show one, I've just about finished my opening scenes and poster so just have the DVD cover to make now!
Regarding newspapers in C1, are we supposed to have studied the whole newspapers rather than just the covers? It's come up in a few revision videos on YouTube and we've only been shown the covers in lessons.
Oh really? Have you finished the course though? Your teachers might just want to get the course finished first then start the coursework after, rather than starting it with content still to cover.

probably I think we're starting in the summer (I'm in year 12 if that wasn't clear)
Original post by holly6901
probably I think we're starting in the summer (I'm in year 12 if that wasn't clear)

Oh don't worry at all then you've got a year haha we didn't start until Summer either
Thank you! I'm pretty nervous about it but I'm hoping it will be okay.
Oh wow! Which brief did you pick? I'm doing the TV show one, I've just about finished my opening scenes and poster so just have the DVD cover to make now!

I get my mock that we did before christmas back tomorrow which i'm dreading😂 my teacher marks for the eduqas exam board so she will probably be really harsh.. I chose the Film/Radio Show brief. We only got given 2ish months to complete the whole thing which was kinda stressful😭 the DVD cover is quite straightforward. do you use photoshop at school ?
Original post by scarletchaplin
I get my mock that we did before christmas back tomorrow which i'm dreading😂 my teacher marks for the eduqas exam board so she will probably be really harsh.. I chose the Film/Radio Show brief. We only got given 2ish months to complete the whole thing which was kinda stressful😭 the DVD cover is quite straightforward. do you use photoshop at school ?

I hope it goes okay for you! I bet it's a relief to have finished the coursework though! That's a relief! Yes, we used Premier Pro for the audio-visual sequence and Photoshop for the poster and DVD cover.

Are you planning on going to university out of interest?
I hope it goes okay for you! I bet it's a relief to have finished the coursework though! That's a relief! Yes, we used Premier Pro for the audio-visual sequence and Photoshop for the poster and DVD cover.

Are you planning on going to university out of interest?

thankyou. i get it back tomorrow😭 we used Premier Pro and Photoshop too. Yes i've applied to University to study sociology :smile: how about you ?
I'm struggling quite a bit on component A and I can't find many exam questions. Can anyone recommend ideas. I'm in year 12 I just wanna get this sorted ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending