The Student Room Group

Ucas help!

Hi, I was looking at my UCAS choices and realised that i had choose the wrong course for one of the universities, so I decided to withdrew the application, and replace with the same university but with another course, however after withdrawing I realised I think I made a mistake.

It says that I cannot change the withdrew application with another university and the current University will not also consider me anymore.

what does this mean please help!!!
If you did this after 14 days it means that you permanently withdrew the choice and can’t substitute it with another university/course. This means you’ll only be considered by the 4 other universities you applied too and unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Instead if it was after the 14 days you should have waited till they gave you an offer then asked to be placed on another course. However there is nothing you can do now, as it means you can’t add another choice and won’t be considered for this one ethier
Reply 2
Original post by Humairaahpatel
If you did this after 14 days it means that you permanently withdrew the choice and can’t substitute it with another university/course. This means you’ll only be considered by the 4 other universities you applied too and unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Instead if it was after the 14 days you should have waited till they gave you an offer then asked to be placed on another course. However there is nothing you can do now, as it means you can’t add another choice and won’t be considered for this one ethier

wait so I won't be considered with same university with another course?
Reply 3
Original post by Zaspo

And also I am inside the 14 day region.
Original post by Zaspo

No, you withdrew the application after the 14 day deadline so you can’t substitute it for another choice/course. You won’t be considered by this uni and you can’t substitute it ethier, in the simplest terms it’s a wasted choice and there isn’t anything you can do im afraid
Reply 5
No, you withdrew the application after the 14 day deadline so you can’t substitute it for another choice/course. You won’t be considered by this uni and you can’t substitute it ethier, in the simplest terms it’s a wasted choice and there isn’t anything you can do im afraid

Can I contact the university and explained what happened?
Reply 6

Because when I withdrew the application I chose the same university with another course.
Original post by Zaspo
And also I am inside the 14 day region.

DC4158C5-8DF7-4568-8576-18D1851985EF.jpeg Did you press withdraw or substitute? If you pressed withdraw then unfortunately nothing can be done
Reply 8
DC4158C5-8DF7-4568-8576-18D1851985EF.jpeg Did you press withdraw or substitute? If you pressed withdraw then unfortunately nothing can be done

The bottom one.
Original post by Zaspo
The bottom one.

Yes you’ve made a mistake here and unfortunately you won’t be considered. You should have chosen the top one. As you were only changing one course for another. You can email the university or even UCAS however it’s highly unlikely they can do anything now.
I do believe it is worth emailing UCAS and seeing if they can do anything about it since it’s an accident, it’s worth a shot but you made a mistake unfortunately
Reply 10
Yes you’ve made a mistake here and unfortunately you won’t be considered. You should have chosen the top one. As you were only changing one course for another. You can email the university or even UCAS however it’s highly unlikely they can do anything now.
I do believe it is worth emailing UCAS and seeing if they can do anything about it since it’s an accident, it’s worth a shot but you made a mistake unfortunately

Okay, thanks for your help, so does permanently withdrawing means that you do not want to go to the university anymore?
Reply 11
Ouch! A bad mistake. I would get onto the phone tomorrow to UCAS and explain the situation. However I also think it's very unlikely anything will be done about it now:/ You could try apply through clearing? At that specific uni perhaps but you would need to question that as I'm not sure whether they would consider you for that now you have withdrawn it too.
Original post by Zaspo
Okay, thanks for your help, so does permanently withdrawing means that you do not want to go to the university anymore?

Yes that’s what it means you can explain you didn’t understand this to UCAS and you university and hopefully they understand good luck
Reply 13
Yes that’s what it means you can explain you didn’t understand this to UCAS and you university and hopefully they understand good luck

Hey, thanks for your help man.
Original post by Zaspo
Hey, thanks for your help man.

Your welcome, I hope they consider you and understand it was a mistake. Really good luck :smile:
Reply 15
Your welcome, I hope they consider you and understand it was a mistake. Really good luck :smile:

Hey I wanted to update you guys and not leave you hanging, so basically the next morning I called up UCAS and they said It was a no biggie and they would fix the problem they were very helpful in explaining what had happened. So basically a withdrawn offer doesn't mean that the university is going to not consider you at all, it means you will not be considered for that specific you applied for. So they also let me change the withdrawn application with a choice, so basically letting me substitute the choice meaning I did not loose a choice :smile:. And also when you withdraw an application the university it self doesn't get notified that you have withdrawn the application. After the talk with UCAS I rang the university up and let them knew just in case, and they said it was ok.
Yay! So happy they sorted it out for you! Good you contacted them :smile: so happy you didn’t waste a choice or anything, in case you reapply atleast you know for the future now! Congrats really happy for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending