The Student Room Group

Sexual health

If my boyfriend and I used a condom correctly, he didn’t ejaculate what is my likelyness of being pregnant. It was my first time and it’s now the 2nd day after and I have some bleeding so I’m abit nervous and my period is only due at the start of next month. It finished 4 days before we had sex I’m just nervous
Original post by Weooo11
If my boyfriend and I used a condom correctly, he didn’t ejaculate what is my likelyness of being pregnant. It was my first time and it’s now the 2nd day after and I have some bleeding so I’m abit nervous and my period is only due at the start of next month. It finished 4 days before we had sex I’m just nervous

Small amounts of bleeding are common after having sex or fully penetrating the vagina the first time. As long as it's only small amounts, and it stops in the next couple of days, you have nothing to worry about.

Using a condom correctly + not ejaculating, + having sex 4 days after your period finished means the chance of you being pregnant is practically Nil.

FYI You're most fertile at the time of ovulation (when an egg is released from your ovaries), which usually occurs 12 to 14 days before your next period starts. This is the time of the month when you're most likely to get pregnant. It's unlikely that you'll get pregnant just after your period, although if no protection is used, there is a small possibility.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you so much, I feel a lot less stressed
Original post by Weooo11
Thank you so much, I feel a lot less stressed

Yw, glad it helped.
You might also want to read this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6288992
Reply 4
Original post by Appirition
Yw, glad it helped.
You might also want to read this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6288992

Hey so it’s now 10 days till when my period should start and I’ve been stressing again and I was wondering if cramps and nausea are just from me being overly anxious about it and it’s making my body act strange
They probably are.
As one of the previous posters said there is little chance of you being pregnant.
Reply 6
Original post by Karisa96
They probably are.
As one of the previous posters said there is little chance of you being pregnant.

Thank you sorry I’m probably just stressing my self out, I’ll be fine my period will come next week
Original post by Weooo11
Thank you sorry I’m probably just stressing my self out, I’ll be fine my period will come next week

Dont worry, that's why we are here, to hopefully help each other out.
It's a very good site like that.
Some nice people with good advice.
I bet for the first time ever your looking forward to getting your period lol. X
as the others say bleeding is very normal after your first time & you may be experiencing pms which will make u more on edge, you’ll be fine don’t stress :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Karisa96
Dont worry, that's why we are here, to hopefully help each other out.
It's a very good site like that.
Some nice people with good advice.
I bet for the first time ever your looking forward to getting your period lol. X

It really is and it’s my birthday when it’s due so out of anything it will be my best present 😅 x
Reply 10
Original post by milliedowley
as the others say bleeding is very normal after your first time & you may be experiencing pms which will make u more on edge, you’ll be fine don’t stress :smile:

Thank youu 🙂🙂
Original post by Weooo11
It really is and it’s my birthday when it’s due so out of anything it will be my best present 😅 x

Good on you girlie. X
Reply 12
Original post by Weooo11
Hey so it’s now 10 days till when my period should start and I’ve been stressing again and I was wondering if cramps and nausea are just from me being overly anxious about it and it’s making my body act strange

Honestly, hun, you're not the only one in the world that's experienced this haha. Due to the stress you're placing on yourself from worrying, your body will trick yourself into thinking you have these symptoms. It's very unlikely you'll be pregnant if a condom was used and he didn't ejaculate! And of course, if worst comes to worst there are always options you can take! Plus periods can be late from stress, so that's probably why it may be late etc.
Reply 13
Original post by kmossx
Honestly, hun, you're not the only one in the world that's experienced this haha. Due to the stress you're placing on yourself from worrying, your body will trick yourself into thinking you have these symptoms. It's very unlikely you'll be pregnant if a condom was used and he didn't ejaculate! And of course, if worst comes to worst there are always options you can take! Plus periods can be late from stress, so that's probably why it may be late etc.

Ok thank you for responding, it’s apparently 2 days late now and I’ve been having a lot of discharge I’m so stressed I think I’m just going to try get a test cz I can’t sleep atm it’s so bad I need to calm down
Reply 14
I’m getting so nervous again I know everyone has said it should be fine but I’m now 3 days late apparently and I’m having bad cramps but no period with watery/whiteish discharge, Ik it could just be stress as it’s been a stressful time but I’m just so nervous like I just keep going over it like it’s fine cz we used a condom and he didn’t ejaculate at all and it was 4 days after my period
Hey, I think you should get a pregnancy test and check, there is probably no need to be stressed and nervous, so you can check it to be sure
Good luck :smile:
Original post by Weooo11
I’m getting so nervous again I know everyone has said it should be fine but I’m now 3 days late apparently and I’m having bad cramps but no period with watery/whiteish discharge, Ik it could just be stress as it’s been a stressful time but I’m just so nervous like I just keep going over it like it’s fine cz we used a condom and he didn’t ejaculate at all and it was 4 days after my period

You stressing over this is most likely what's making your period late.

Are you using contraception yourself, i.e. taking the pill?
If not, I suggest you talk to your GP about starting some form of contraception, since this should hopefully give you added protection and also help you to not get so stressed after having sex. After all, it's meant to be pleasurable, something you look forward to, and have happy memories of.
Reply 17
If there's no sperm to fertilise an egg then you can't become pregnant. The stressing is what's doing this to you.
Reply 18
Original post by Appirition
You stressing over this is most likely what's making your period late.

Are you using contraception yourself, i.e. taking the pill?
If not, I suggest you talk to your GP about starting some form of contraception, since this should hopefully give you added protection and also help you to not get so stressed after having sex. After all, it's meant to be pleasurable, something you look forward to, and have happy memories of

WOOOO HOOOO. I think it has come, 11 days late but she is here thank you everyone for being so helpful and putting up with me being so stressy. I am going to look into getting on the pill or something to stop this in the future if we do decide to do it again.
Original post by Weooo11
WOOOO HOOOO. I think it has come, 11 days late but she is here thank you everyone for being so helpful and putting up with me being so stressy. I am going to look into getting on the pill or something to stop this in the future if we do decide to do it again.

Thanks for the update, glad it's worked out the way you wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest