Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Applied for L100 Econ at all my unis, application went off this week! :smile:

Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Econ and Chem
Applied to Warwick, Notts, Bath, UCL and Southampton

Have I got a decent shot at getting offers from these??

Good luck to everyone else!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ilovemath11
what is your predicted breakdown? e.g how much have you been predicted in each subject? just asking because i'm applying to warwick and haven't heard back yet! but congrats!! you should be very proud :smile:

HL: Math Econ Physics
SL: English L&L Spanish Ab Chemistry
Core: Econ EE (C) TOK (B)
Reply 22
Hey, I applied to: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and Birmingham on 11th Oct
My predicted grades are: A* A* A C in maths, economics, physics and further maths respectively
I've got offers back from:
Birmingham: All Cs if firm or AAB if not (offer received: 11th Oct)
Warwick: AAB (Offer received: 30th Oct)
UCL: A* AA (Offer received: 4th Nov)
Waiting on LSE and Cambridge... fingers crossed!

Advice for a strong ps: Try and make it personal, engaging and unique. Use books / articles not everyone will use (like freakonomics, undercover economist... etc). Try and show how doing certain things challenged your thought process / prev ideas.

What're everyone's first choices for where to go and why?
Original post by Pari17_
My predicted grades are: A* A* A C in maths, economics, physics and further maths respectively

Advice for a strong ps: Try and make it personal, engaging and unique. Use books / articles not everyone will use (like freakonomics, undercover economist... etc). Try and show how doing certain things challenged your thought process / prev ideas.

first choice- Warwick, i just love it so much. i went there on a visit and all i could think of was ne attending the school. i went for a taster day as well and i enjoyed it. i know it sounds cliche but something draws me to that school. idk what that is
Reply 24
Original post by zodisagoddess21
first choice- Warwick, i just love it so much. i went there on a visit and all i could think of was ne attending the school. i went for a taster day as well and i enjoyed it. i know it sounds cliche but something draws me to that school. idk what that is

I totally get what you mean, I loved everything about Warwick too! It's got such a warm, welcoming energy right? Hopefully we'll see each other there next year :smile:
Original post by Pari17_
I totally get what you mean, I loved everything about Warwick too! It's got such a warm, welcoming energy right? Hopefully we'll see each other there next year :smile:

hopefully, if all goes well. :smile:
Hey guys, my a level predicted grades are a*a*a (maths, economics and further maths respectively). I have already got an A in my EPQ and my GCSE results were 9988777766A.

I have applied for:
Warwick economics (waiting for response)
St. Andrews economics (waiting for response)
UCL economics (waiting for response)
Lancaster economics offer aab plus an interview for unconditional
Warwick MORSE (waiting for response)

I applied on the 16th December, what do you think my chances are of getting offers from UCL and Warwick.
I've got offers from Nottingham (A*AA), Birmingham (AAA), Exeter (A*AB), and York (AAB).
My predicted grades are A*AB in History, Economics and Mathematics respectfully.
I got 77776666B55 in my GCSEs. Not spectacular, but definitely above average, and quite good contextually to the secondary school I went to. I managed to get into a grammar for VIth form so i'm happy about that, think it really helped with my A Levels.

The only university I'm waiting for atm is Bath, which I'm hoping to firm. At Bath I applied for Econ with Industrial placement and year abroad, and I also did a year abroad for Exeter. The rest are just Economics.

I'm really hoping to hear back good news from Bath soon, but if it's not to be, then I do know what my contingency will be.
Original post by narwhuals
Hi i've received all decisions.
Predicted: A*A*A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics)

I know accounting is a pretty weak subject but that's the best combination I could take. My school does not offer further math, but I've been competing in the national olympiad in Economics for two years. I think that's what makes up for accounting loll.

Applied (16/09)

Decisions in chronological order:
Warwick Economics - Offer: A*AA (02/10)
Edinburgh Economics - Offer: ABB (14/10)
LSE Economics - Rejected: Personal Statement (01/11)
Warwick Economic Studies & Global Sustainable Development - Offer: A*AA (01/11)
Oxford E&M - Rejected before interview (27/11)

I'd suggest you to show what you like about Econ, what you wish to do with your knowledge of it, and kinda implicitly show how you know certain econ concepts while doing so.

Hi i've gotten my results (my school generally takes CAIE exams in winter) and I'm most likely going to Warwick Economics 🙆🏻*♀️🙆🏻*♀️

I did International A Levels though and I'm wondering why UCAS hasn't updated my conditional offers to unconditional ?? I've emailed Admissions Services about it but I've yet to receive a reply. Anyone knows what to do next ??

Anyway, anyone else firming Warwick L100?
@econhelp525 bath seemed very relaxed with offers and their entry requirements for economics when I went to the open day. I think you have a very likely chance of receiving an offer back for your predicted grades, they were willing to drop the entry to a*ab when I went to people so it should be fine. Good luck.
Original post by Jonny012
@econhelp525 bath seemed very relaxed with offers and their entry requirements for economics when I went to the open day. I think you have a very likely chance of receiving an offer back for your predicted grades, they were willing to drop the entry to a*ab when I went to people so it should be fine. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the information! Did they really say that they would still take people who got A*AB in their final exams? Could you elaborate a bit more please?
@econhelp525, yes sure, basically at the time I was working at the predicted grades of a*ab, with the b in further maths. I also had an EPQ final grade of an A as well, although this lowers grades to aaa they wouldn’t accept a*ab. I talked to the economics department and they said the b was fine for my further maths, however this could be because it is a very demanding subject. I have been to over 9 universities and tbh bath seemed the most relaxed with predicted grades. If you had a strong statement I think you’ll be fine in getting an equal consideration, especially due to the a levels you are studying.

Update i got rejected from Warwick, but i still have 3 offers so far from exeter, leeds and york. i feel sad but i know i should still be grateful that i have other offers. Yeah so has anyone gotten any new offers
Original post by Pari17_

How did you get an offer of AAB for Warwick?
Update i got rejected from Warwick, but i still have 3 offers so far from exeter, leeds and york. i feel sad but i know i should still be grateful that i have other offers. Yeah so has anyone gotten any new offers

Bro onwards and upwards! I got rejected by Cambridge and sometimes the seemingly less rosy path leads to the most beautiful destinations.
Original post by drupboy152
Applied for L100 Econ at all my unis, application went off this week! :smile:

Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Econ and Chem
Applied to Warwick, Notts, Bath, UCL and Southampton

Have I got a decent shot at getting offers from these??

Good luck to everyone else!

Why didn't you apply Oxbridge? Those are some good grades.

Yeah you have a decent shot! Is Warwick your top choice?
Original post by royalty1702
Why didn't you apply Oxbridge? Those are some good grades.

Yeah you have a decent shot! Is Warwick your top choice?

I felt Oxfords economics and management wasn't for me... And I didn't really like the feel of cbridge when I visited it on the open day.
Warwick was my top choice, unfortunately I was rejected yesterday.;((
Original post by drupboy152
I felt Oxfords economics and management wasn't for me... And I didn't really like the feel of cbridge when I visited it on the open day.
Warwick was my top choice, unfortunately I was rejected yesterday.;((

Awww. Sorry love. but it's honestly like we are the same person. i didn't like oxbridge cause of the courses/atmosphere and i literally git rejected by warwick yesterday. what other universities did you apply to and what other offers do you have
Hey!
-Ive gotten offers from Leeds (ABB) York (AAB) Kent (BBB- honestly don’t know why i applied there)
-A*A*A*
-Feeling great, want to firm Leeds as I loved the course and the uni!
- Got rejected from Cambridge😂 and still waiting on Durham!
Hi I thought I’d post my current situation in here.

Predicted grades: A*A*A (maths, economics and further maths respectively).

Achieved an A in my EPQ (it was based on economics).

GCSE grades: 9988777766A

Offers:
UCL Economics A*AA (A* in maths)
Lancaster AAB (ABB if firmed and I have an interview in a few weeks for a potential unconditional offer)

Waiting:
Warwick Economics
Warwick MORSE
St. Andrews Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending