The Student Room Group

F1 Silverstone 2020 question

It has been my dream since I was a little girl, just starting to watch F1, to meet Lewis Hamilton. Other drivers too, like Lando milk man, Smooth operator chilli bean Sainz, and the aussie fav Danny Ric. I dont know how I can do this though. The venue i can access best is Silverstone. Do you have to get an expensive VIP ticket or have people met F1 drivers with a standard ticket? What would people recommend for trying to meet the drivers? (Will be at minimum me and my fiance going if not this year then next if that is relevant)
Original post by RainThorn
It has been my dream since I was a little girl, just starting to watch F1, to meet Lewis Hamilton. Other drivers too, like Lando milk man, Smooth operator chilli bean Sainz, and the aussie fav Danny Ric. I dont know how I can do this though. The venue i can access best is Silverstone. Do you have to get an expensive VIP ticket or have people met F1 drivers with a standard ticket? What would people recommend for trying to meet the drivers? (Will be at minimum me and my fiance going if not this year then next if that is relevant)

If you studying to become a Sports Journalism especially in Motor racing, maybe you'll get your chance !!
Reply 2
You need to be looking at packages that offer Paddock access, eg:

https://f1experiences.com/how-to-meet-drivers
Original post by RainThorn

sadly you need a paddock pass (which are expensive). that being said however, there tends to be thursday events which drivers sometimes visit the main grandstand for. apart from that, they do a raffle / draw which enables 2000 attendees to visit the pitlane but not greet the drivers.

Quick Reply

Latest