The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing Interview

Hi, just wondered if anyone has done a Mental Health Nursing interview at Uni’ of Hull (or any other Uni’s but please make clear if not Hull as that’s my first one!!) and can offer some advice on the interview? How does it go, what kind of questions will I be asked, what should I research on, what should I take etc?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Chloepm
Hi, just wondered if anyone has done a Mental Health Nursing interview at Uni’ of Hull (or any other Uni’s but please make clear if not Hull as that’s my first one!!) and can offer some advice on the interview? How does it go, what kind of questions will I be asked, what should I research on, what should I take etc?
Thank you!

Hi

I had one last feb (got an offer for September 2019 but deferred for this September) I think everything will be the same. It’s multiple mini interviews so you should get 5 minutes at each station it’s like speed dating a bit.

You’ll get a couple of scenarios but they change every year and then like just standard questions about you. Make sure and I can’t stress this enough that you look at the NMC code. And if they ask you a question expand on it like why? Because of this and give examples. Make sure if you have any experience in care you tell them in your answers and give them examples.

Be yourself and good luck, let me know how you get on :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by nessy92
Hi

I had one last feb (got an offer for September 2019 but deferred for this September) I think everything will be the same. It’s multiple mini interviews so you should get 5 minutes at each station it’s like speed dating a bit.

You’ll get a couple of scenarios but they change every year and then like just standard questions about you. Make sure and I can’t stress this enough that you look at the NMC code. And if they ask you a question expand on it like why? Because of this and give examples. Make sure if you have any experience in care you tell them in your answers and give them examples.

My best friend did the interview last year and she described it just like that so I hope it’s still similar so I know what I’m walking into! This is super helpful, thank you. Can you remember what kind of scenarios they were, even if they’re going to change it’ll help me prepare. Everyone’s saying to do that so I’ll do that tonight. Thank you so much and I definitely will do!
Can you remember how long it went on for? Hull day in the email 4 hours so I was wondering if that’s usually accurate?
Maybe see you in September ☺️x
Reply 3
Original post by Chloepm
My best friend did the interview last year and she described it just like that so I hope it’s still similar so I know what I’m walking into! This is super helpful, thank you. Can you remember what kind of scenarios they were, even if they’re going to change it’ll help me prepare. Everyone’s saying to do that so I’ll do that tonight. Thank you so much and I definitely will do!
Can you remember how long it went on for? Hull day in the email 4 hours so I was wondering if that’s usually accurate?
Maybe see you in September ☺️x

No, sorry I can’t. All I remember is waffling on 😂 I can’t remember how long the day lasts for but it’s deffo a few hours x
Original post by nessy92
Hi

Original post by nessy92
No, sorry I can’t. All I remember is waffling on 😂 I can’t remember how long the day lasts for but it’s deffo a few hours x

How did your interview go? X
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
How did your interview go? X

Sorry I didn’t reply to that! You’re right there’s a lot of waffling on 😂 I have a place!!! So happy. Thanks so much for asking and see you in Sept 😅 xx
Original post by Chloepm
Sorry I didn’t reply to that! You’re right there’s a lot of waffling on 😂 I have a place!!! So happy. Thanks so much for asking and see you in Sept 😅 xx

So happy for you!! 😁 if you have Facebook, join the hull university mental health group - thats what it’s called. Xx
So happy for you!! 😁 if you have Facebook, join the hull university mental health group - thats what it’s called. Xx

Sorry hull university mental health nursing group x
Sorry hull university mental health nursing group x

Do you live near by or do you need accommodation? X
Reply 9
Do you live near by or do you need accommodation? X

Hello, no I live in Hull luckily! Wbu? X
Original post by Chloepm
Hello, no I live in Hull luckily! Wbu? X

I live in Hull but still don’t know whether to move out or not I know it’s sensible to stay but I’m dying to move out. But I’ll probably stay at home 😂😂😂 x
Reply 11
I live in Hull but still don’t know whether to move out or not I know it’s sensible to stay but I’m dying to move out. But I’ll probably stay at home 😂😂😂 x

It isn’t stupid a lot of people do that!! Why don’t you go into student accommodation or see if any students want to house share? If not there’s always second year you can house share when you’ve met people!! X
Reply 12
Original post by Chloepm
It isn’t stupid a lot of people do that!! Why don’t you go into student accommodation or see if any students want to house share? If not there’s always second year you can house share when you’ve met people!! X

I think I’ll probably move out second year tbh I aren’t sure, but first year I deffo want to stay at home😂

Quick Reply

Latest