The Student Room Group

A Level Biology And Chemistry Help

Hey guys,

I am in year 12, studying Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I had exams in November and i got B in biology and C in chemistry. However now i have ended up with Es in both, in my recent exams. Can anyone please let me know how i can improve? I revise the content and know it well, but i dont do that many practice questions and papers. Please let me know
Original post by Raja12
Hey guys,

I am in year 12, studying Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I had exams in November and i got B in biology and C in chemistry. However now i have ended up with Es in both, in my recent exams. Can anyone please let me know how i can improve? I revise the content and know it well, but i dont do that many practice questions and papers. Please let me know

If you know the content well, then you must learn to apply it. So start doing more exam questions for all those subjects and look at the mark scheme. You'll notice that a lot of questions are repeated and similarly answered so it'll help guide you on how how to answer exam questions in the future. Hope this helps.
Original post by Yasmin1502
If you know the content well, then you must learn to apply it. So start doing more exam questions for all those subjects and look at the mark scheme. You'll notice that a lot of questions are repeated and similarly answered so it'll help guide you on how how to answer exam questions in the future. Hope this helps.

Also with chemistry (I do it too) there's a lot of maths based questions, practice doing loads of them and you'll find them getting easier as you come across them.
What did you get in geography?
Reply 4
Original post by Raja12
Hey guys,

exactly the same has happened to me! i also do the same subjects, but as everyone else has said, practice questions are incredibly useful and valuable! physics and maths tutor has really good ones, and they also have it by topic so if you're struggling by topics then you can do a bunch of exam questions on them :smile: familiarising yourself with the markscheme and the pattern/style of questions is very important on getting top grades! good luck with everything!
with chemistry maths questions, what helps me is to write down steps on what i can calculate, it means that i can make sure i didn't skip anything in my method, not sure if that'll help you too
Reply 5
Original post by ArtmisKco
What did you get in geography?

I got B1 in geography, so close to an A
Reply 6

thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know any past paper websites, that has lots of them? Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by mikela
exactly the same has happened to me! i also do the same subjects, but as everyone else has said, practice questions are incredibly useful and valuable! physics and maths tutor has really good ones, and they also have it by topic so if you're struggling by topics then you can do a bunch of exam questions on them :smile: familiarising yourself with the markscheme and the pattern/style of questions is very important on getting top grades! good luck with everything!
with chemistry maths questions, what helps me is to write down steps on what i can calculate, it means that i can make sure i didn't skip anything in my method, not sure if that'll help you too

thank you very much for your reply. I know the content really well but when it came to answering the multiple choice questions, I didn't know how to. So, im going to start practicing loads of exams now. Thank you..
Original post by Raja12
I got B1 in geography, so close to an A

That’s great! What exam board? If aqa how do you structure 20 mark questions?
Reply 9
Original post by ArtmisKco
That’s great! What exam board? If aqa how do you structure 20 mark questions?

I do Edexcel lol.. 20 percent coursework yes
Original post by Raja12
thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know any past paper websites, that has lots of them? Thank you

Physics and maths tutor! Literally the best for biology and chemistry
Reply 11
Physics and maths tutor! Literally the best for biology and chemistry

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest