The Student Room Group

getting into SOAS

I am applying to BA International Relations and BA Korean for 2020 but I am predicted BBB when the entry requirements call for AAA, do I still have a chance or should I give up while I'm ahead
Reply 1
Id say always have hope but dont be too optimistic
Original post by naiaiaia
I am applying to BA International Relations and BA Korean for 2020 but I am predicted BBB when the entry requirements call for AAA, do I still have a chance or should I give up while I'm ahead

What are you ahead of?
At 3 grades below their offer the application for IR would really be pushing it and realistically you've very little chance of being successful.

They seem to have more flexibility with Korean, (offers AAB - ABB), but I suspect the lower end of that is for contextual applicants.

In either case these would probably be your most aspirational choices and I'd prepare yourself for two rejections.
Hey! I'm a SOAS digital ambassador, currently in my third year of Chinese and IR. I wouldn't give up hope yet! My course had a standard offer of AAB but I got an unconditional (SOAS likes to give them out, or at least they did in my year). Plus, a lot of people I know didn't quite make the offer but still got in. Keep working hard!!
Reply 5
Original post by Smoke and Bone
Hey! I'm a SOAS digital ambassador, currently in my third year of Chinese and IR. I wouldn't give up hope yet! My course had a standard offer of AAB but I got an unconditional (SOAS likes to give them out, or at least they did in my year). Plus, a lot of people I know didn't quite make the offer but still got in. Keep working hard!!

Thank you so much! My predicted grades got changed to ABB last minute so fingers crossed I get an offer!

Do you mind if I asked you some questions about your courses?
Original post by naiaiaia
Thank you so much! My predicted grades got changed to ABB last minute so fingers crossed I get an offer!

Do you mind if I asked you some questions about your courses?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Of course, ask away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending