The Student Room Group

What makes a girl gorgeous?

Hiya, everyone. Just curious as I hear a lot of lads calling girls 'fit', 'sexy' etc, however I am going on a date at the weekend and want to come across as beautiful rather than just f***able, if you know what I mean. What are some things that girls say, do or wear that would make you think "wow, shes a keeper?":smile:

Scroll to see replies

Beauty + femininity = keeper for me
Intelligence and kindness.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Beauty + femininity = keeper for me

I agree. I assume by beauty you mean both inside and outside. By femininity, do you mean elegance and grace? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MidgetFever
Intelligence and kindness.

I agree, I think kindness especially is very important :smile:
fyi: you only really get called fit if you wear joggers/leggings(not saying you cant wear them) as it makes your butt more visable. never called a jeans girl fit.

anyway smiling a lot if good but not like to every dude you see. looking at him. making the first move will literally have a guy melt inside lol.
feminine-not too loud/ghetto ish.

and finally wife material. disclaimer don't think ur not a keeper if you cant cook and clean, its just a thing i and most guys like. however the guy must also part-take in it; have a caring side to you-sweet when nobodys around type.

edit: i've always been attracted to girls w minimal makeup like nothing extra, so yk an orange face mathced with ur pale skin may be a turn off. and as anon 3 said basically dont dress up like a slut.
(edited 4 years ago)
Kindness, humour, and intelligence for me. Someone who you like as well as love
Hiya, everyone. Just curious as I hear a lot of lads calling girls 'fit', 'sexy' etc, however I am going on a date at the weekend and want to come across as beautiful rather than just f***able, if you know what I mean. What are some things that girls say, do or wear that would make you think "wow, shes a keeper?":smile:

On dates my gf would wear dresses that show less skin as possible. But then when we go to cinema or suttin she would show more skin but not to the point wheres nude. I think that just means shes a keeper cos obviously on dates ppl r watching n stuff but then in cinemas its not that deep if ygm.
Reply 8
Original post by davesantana
fyi: you only really get called fit if you wear joggers/leggings(not saying you cant wear them) as it makes your butt more visable. never called a jeans girl fit.

anyway smiling a lot if good but not like to every dude you see. looking at him. making the first move will literally have a guy melt inside lol.
feminine-not too loud/ghetto ish.

and finally wife material. disclaimer don't think ur not a keeper if you cant cook and clean, its just a thing i and most guys like. however the guy must also part-take in it; have a caring side to you-sweet when nobodys around type.

See, all my female friends say making the first move will make a guy less attracted to you because boys don't like it, which always confused me I guess, since I thought that boys would like it.

When you say wife material, how do you reckon you could make someone see you as a keeper? Like what would you say or do, etc.

Someone who dresses modestly even though they are super beautiful. So, everyone knows that showing skin will attract most guys, but for me someone who is elegant and kindhearted and just fun to be around would make me think she is a keeper...
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
Kindness, humour, and intelligence for me. Someone who you like as well as love

I agree completely, I think the traits you listed make a great combo :smile:
Someone who dresses modestly even though they are super beautiful. So, everyone knows that showing skin will attract most guys, but for me someone who is elegant and kindhearted and just fun to be around would make me think she is a keeper...

Oh okay, I get it now :smile: Would have to say I definitely agree. I think it's more attractive to be modestly beautiful rather than really showy for the sake of it.
Original post by ineedareference
natural

Do you mean in the way she acts, looks or both? Like being herself, natural makeup, etc.
See, all my female friends say making the first move will make a guy less attracted to you because boys don't like it, which always confused me I guess, since I thought that boys would like it.

When you say wife material, how do you reckon you could make someone see you as a keeper? Like what would you say or do, etc.

nope. its been tradition for guys to make first move and i hate it especially because im a lazy **** and i expect things to come to me lol. but if they did i would defo be more attracted. even if it was a girl i wasnt into could be a chance i end up dating her. boosts their confidence(most guys lack) and we're have low standards.
girl a: 10/10 i had to approach
girl b: 5-8/10 approached me.

for sure girl b since she'll also be talkative on snap while girl a might not yk

idk little things that matter. idk about specificty. but yk take care of them but dont treat them like a child and do everything for them. cute things like making breakfast on weekend(they've to do that for u sometime as well not only u) join him while hes playing ps4 rather than nag him?
(edited 4 years ago)
nope. personally i usually dont make the first move cuz im a pussy. but if they did i would defo be more attracted. even if it was a girl i wasnt into could be a chance i end up dating her. boosts their confidence(most guys lack) and we're have low standards.

idk little things that matter. idk about specificty. but yk take care of them but dont treat them like a child and do everything for them. cute things like making breakfast on weekend(they've to do that for u sometime as well not only u) join him while hes playing ps4 rather than nag him?

Oh okay, thank you so much for the reply. I really liked this lad but knew he was very introverted so ended up asking him out and he agreed. However I was stressing over whether it would come across as desperate or he would lose interest, but I did it because I really liked him. That's a relief though :smile: I get what you mean, like doing small but meaningful things to show you care x
Do you mean in the way she acts, looks or both? Like being herself, natural makeup, etc.

dont act different around other people. and try be as atural as u can with makeup. ik insecurities lead to hevy makeup but be confident in urself.
legit saw a girl 2day with face full of acne she could easily cover it up but she didnt. and she was hot 2.

not saying wake out the door looking like u stuck ur head in a hive but nobody likes cake faces imo.
Oh okay, thank you so much for the reply. I really liked this lad but knew he was very introverted so ended up asking him out and he agreed. However I was stressing over whether it would come across as desperate or he would lose interest, but I did it because I really liked him. That's a relief though :smile: I get what you mean, like doing small but meaningful things to show you care x

thats a great sign. he would'nt have ever asked u out cuz hes quiet and hopefully he'll get used to u and probs crushing on u lol
how did you meet the guy? Also natural beauty is the main thing.
Original post by karl pilkington
how did you meet the guy? Also natural beauty is the main thing.

We met in college actually. And thanks for the reply :smile:
thats a great sign. he would'nt have ever asked u out cuz hes quiet and hopefully he'll get used to u and probs crushing on u lol

Yeah, I mean I really like him and I felt bad for him if he might have felt insecure, so I sort of wanted to ask him out so that he felt valued. And yeah hopefully, fingers crossed!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending