Should I date the girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've started chatting to this girl online, normally conversations don't go very far if anywhere so on paper I feel that we could be a great couple (although certain aspects of her personality do ring alarm bells tbh). However, looking at her photos I really don't find her attractive at all and can't see myself every feeling it about her. With most girls I would feel at least some degree of physical attraction so is this doomed? It's a shame as it's really rare that I am able to hold a conversation with someone.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you aren't attracted and have red flags about her personality... I mean think about it
quirkster42
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
don't do it, when it's the right girl you won't have to think about it, you'll just know
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're not attracted to her and you're hesitant on her personality, you wont likely to have a lasting relationship or a one where it feels like one. Maybe being friends is a better option since you are able to hold your conversations with her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PetitePanda)
If you're not attracted to her and you're hesitant on her personality, you wont likely to have a lasting relationship or a one where it feels like one. Maybe being friends is a better option since you are able to hold your conversations with her
Hmm one thing is though, if I'm interested with a girl I'm nervous af and that makes her run a mile and ghost me. So maybe if I wasn't into her so much, I might be more relaxed and not drive her away, but my feelings might grow one day?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
You don't seem at all positive about anything about her- personality, looks or achievements.
Don't waste your time or hers.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
You don't seem at all positive about anything about her- personality, looks or achievements.
Don't waste your time or hers.
But she's shown an interest in me and girls rarely do. She might be my only chance of not being single.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But she's shown an interest in me and girls rarely do. She might be my only chance of not being single.
How old r u because you sound so desperate?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How old r u, because you sound so desperate?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm one thing is though, if I'm interested with a girl I'm nervous af and that makes her run a mile and ghost me. So maybe if I wasn't into her so much, I might be more relaxed and not drive her away, but my feelings might grow one day?
But you said you can’t see yourself feeling it about her. You’ll just lead her on if you’re betting on that uncertainty. If you want to go for it and hope your feelings might grow one day, start off being friends and see if it happens along the way.
Anonymous #1
How old r u, because you sound so desperate?
I'm in my mid twenties. I've never had a girlfriend so I suppose I am a bit desperate tbh.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are just looking for a hookup or fwb, be honest with her.

But don't start dating because you fear being alone.
You could go from being unhappy single to one of two unhappy people, feeling angry and trapped in a toxic relationship.
I am happily single, have been for almost six years.
It is better to be happy and alone than to be in a miserable relationship or with the wrong person.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads