The Student Room Group

GCSE MATHS: November Resit 2019

Can anyone give me any advice on how to calm down? I failed my Maths GCSE on August 22nd 2019, so I retook my maths, obviously. Please help me.

I got a grade 6 in my English lang, which meant I didn't have to resit when I entered college. However, I don't believe I got a grade 4 in Maths. I probably got a grade 3, again. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

how to calm down before an exam or before getting results?:ninjagirl: why do you think you got a grade 3 in the resit?
I got a grade 3 the first time, so I can easily get a grade 3 again. For some reason, my college still allowed me to do A levels though. My Maths papers were easy but I still made many mistakes.

Another reason why I think I got a grade 3 again is because I got a U in my mock 25/240.
Did you sit OCR maths foundation?
Original post by Sandra2910
Did you sit OCR maths foundation?

No, I didn't. I did Edexcel Maths Higher.
when do the results come out? try things to get your mind off it before then because what's done is done now, don't worry
Original post by casabonita
when do the results come out? try things to get your mind off it before then because what's done is done now, don't worry

The results are coming out in 3 days (16/01/20), which means they're coming out this Thursday. I hate the saying "What's done is done" because it doesn't really help. I'd be devasted if I had to resit my Maths again this year. I'm not going to lie, my Maths teacher is a lovely person at times but she can't teach. She just walks around the classroom and moves on when she wants to.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
how to calm down before an exam or before getting results?:ninjagirl: why do you think you got a grade 3 in the resit?

Before getting the results.
I might update my progress on here because I'm only going to look back at this blog and I want to see how far I've come. I've decided that if I get a grade 4 or higher in my Maths, (which is very unlikely) I will inform everyone on this blog. I believe I'm defined by my failures and the next three days are important to me. Fingers crossed that I'll get my grade 4.

Inshallah.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Titanium_Horses
Before getting the results.

good luck!! try not to think about it too much as stress won't affect or change the grade, and you've still got more opportunities to resit if needed.
The results are coming out in 3 days (16/01/20), which means they're coming out this Thursday. I hate the saying "What's done is done" because it doesn't really help. I'd be devasted if I had to resit my Maths again this year. I'm not going to lie, my Maths teacher is a lovely person at times but she can't teach. She just walks around the classroom and moves on when she wants to.

Hi bro. Don't worry at all. GCSE is not the primary goal. When U take IB or A level those grades will be much more meaninghful for your further education. Im just chilling out. If you are talking about where to find good explainer, try my mentor on youtube: MATH Science by Daniel Dallas. He is quite dope in making clear explanation, much better than any teachers in my school. I think for further upgrade it would be usefull, bro
Hey, do you remmeber what was on the paper 2 AQA higher?

Do you remember what was on the aqa gcse higher resit?
Original post by Weneedhelp
Hey, do you remmeber what was on the paper 2 AQA higher?

I didn't do AQA, I did Edexcel.
Original post by wild_card_2005
Hi bro. Don't worry at all. GCSE is not the primary goal. When U take IB or A level those grades will be much more meaninghful for your further education. Im just chilling out. If you are talking about where to find good explainer, try my mentor on youtube: MATH Science by Daniel Dallas. He is quite dope in making clear explanation, much better than any teachers in my school. I think for further upgrade it would be usefull, bro

Thanks for the advice. I hope I won't be needing that when I get my results back.
Thanks for the advice. I hope I won't be needing that when I get my results back.

Yeah, right
Results Day is here!!!!! I'm proud to say that I achieved a grade 4 in Maths GCSE. Now the only thing I got to worry about is my A levels
(edited 4 years ago)
Bro, I got a Grade 5. i did foundation
Results Day is here!!!!! I'm proud to say that I achieved a grade 4 in Maths GCSE. Now the only thing I got to worry about is my A levels

Perfect man! A level is next 2 years, right?
Original post by wild_card_2005
Perfect man! A level is next 2 years, right?

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest