The Student Room Group
Original post by thepurplelyk
Any archaeology applicants here??

You might get a better response on this thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6146420

Me! have struggled to find others applying for archaeology on here, where have you applied?
Original post by elladanks
Me! have struggled to find others applying for archaeology on here, where have you applied?

Hiii omg finally I’ve found someone. I’ve applied for Bournemouth, Southampton, Leceister, Queen’s University Belfast and Liverpool:smile:
Where have you applied??
Im applying for archaeology (bsc) at York, Liverpool, Reading, Durham and UCL!
I’ve been looking for some archaeology applicants too

Original post by olz-zofia

Best of luck! If you have any questions about Liverpool, let me know.
Original post by Edminzodo
Best of luck! If you have any questions about Liverpool, let me know.

Thanks!! Right now York and Liverpool are my top choices and I’ve got my offer from York.
If you know anything about field work at Liverpool and student accomodation that would be amazing! I’m especially looking forward to the field aspect, and would love to know how that all works at the school. Cheers x

Heyyy there👋🏽 It’s nice to see another archaeology applicant here, it’s quite hard to find others. Do you know where ur going for uni ?
Heyyy there👋🏽 It’s nice to see another archaeology applicant here, it’s quite hard to find others. Do you know where ur going for uni ?

Hiya!! I’ve got an offer from York but am waiting on my others. Liverpool and York are my top choices though! How about you?
Hiya!! I’ve got an offer from York but am waiting on my others. Liverpool and York are my top choices though! How about you?

Hiii! Ayeee congrats! I was actually debating to york as well, love the modules but sadly it’s too far away from my place lol. I got 2 offers so far and Liverpool is definitely my top choice:smile: and i applies for ba arch.
Thanks!! Right now York and Liverpool are my top choices and I’ve got my offer from York.
If you know anything about field work at Liverpool and student accomodation that would be amazing! I’m especially looking forward to the field aspect, and would love to know how that all works at the school. Cheers x

So, for BSc Archaeology, you'd do 2 weeks at the end of your first year at Norton Priory, a site nearish the campus. You continue to stay in university accommodation and you are on rotation - half of the 2 weeks on site, the other half on campus in the labs and learning skills such as drawing and photography. This then sets you up to apply for your next 2 weeks in your second year - you can do a museum placement instead, but most people choose to dig. My friends went to Greece, Turkey, Belgium, Zambia, and I think someone even went to Alaska. There are digs offered by the university and then you can apply for ones off your own back if you like. Then, you can do even more than 2 weeks if you want (had a friend who did something like 5 months over the 3 years), but it's only a requirement that you do 4 weeks.

As for accommodation, I know about all of them. What would you like to know? If you're deciding, what kind of things do you want to prioritise, e.g. close to campus, en-suite?
Wow there’s actually quite a few of us! I’ve applied for Queens Uni Belfast for History/ Archaeology and history and Liverpool for ancient civilisations and archaeology

Latest

Trending

Trending