The Student Room Group

Ucas accomodation choice

I've accidentally put that I won't be needing accomodation, while I will. I went to 'substitute your choice' and changed only the question of accomodation but it said that I cannot change into the same institution (uni). Can I withdraw the choice and then put the uni once again with the correct one, and would it be a problem (it's written that the uni get informed that I don't want to apply)? Or is there any other way to solve it?
Original post by mattcoolish
I've accidentally put that I won't be needing accomodation, while I will. I went to 'substitute your choice' and changed only the question of accomodation but it said that I cannot change into the same institution (uni). Can I withdraw the choice and then put the uni once again with the correct one, and would it be a problem (it's written that the uni get informed that I don't want to apply)? Or is there any other way to solve it?

Just give the universities a telephone call. Accommodation wont open until April at the earliest
Reply 2
Well yeah I will if needed, but since the deadline has not passed yet may be it is possible to change this on my own? If I can do it on my own than maybe not bother them ...

It doesn't matter. Won't restrict your ability to apply for accommodation - more of a capacity planning thing. You might miss a few accommodation emails/advertising stuff.
Reply 4
In that case that's great. Thanks a lot!
Well yeah I will if needed, but since the deadline has not passed yet may be it is possible to change this on my own? If I can do it on my own than maybe not bother them ...

Universities don’t pay any attention to the “live at home” box. Applicants fill it in wrong all the time (I’ve seen multiple applicants claiming that they were going to commute in from home outside Europe!).

They *might* not send you information about when and how to apply for accommodation (unlikely) in which case you need to look that information up on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending