The Student Room Group

I want to start talking to this boy, any suggestions?

Hi, firstly thank you for taking the time to read this, I know it’s pretty pathetic aha. Basically, I like this guy and want to start talking to him. I’m a sixth year (17) and don’t have any classes with him, so I was thinking maybe starting things via sc? My last relationship lasted six months and ended badly (he cheated on me numerous times). I’ve had a break for several months, and really want to start getting to know someone new. I don’t want to send him streaks (cause that seems a bit immature), but I don’t know how I should go about talking to him? Any suggestions or past experience with this would be amazing, thank you for any responses☺️☺️
Original post by rhea4562
Hi, firstly thank you for taking the time to read this, I know it’s pretty pathetic aha. Basically, I like this guy and want to start talking to him. I’m a sixth year (17) and don’t have any classes with him, so I was thinking maybe starting things via sc? My last relationship lasted six months and ended badly (he cheated on me numerous times). I’ve had a break for several months, and really want to start getting to know someone new. I don’t want to send him streaks (cause that seems a bit immature), but I don’t know how I should go about talking to him? Any suggestions or past experience with this would be amazing, thank you for any responses☺️☺️

well first question is are you mates with his friends? Cause if you are u could be added to a gc that he's in or something so he at least acknowledges who you are and tbh if your not jus make the first move and message him hey tbh he either will air or reply lol you better take your shot before someone else does.
Reply 2
Original post by rebeccaxrss
well first question is are you mates with his friends? Cause if you are u could be added to a gc that he's in or something so he at least acknowledges who you are and tbh if your not jus make the first move and message him hey tbh he either will air or reply lol you better take your shot before someone else does.

Thank you, I definitely will
where do u see him if he aint in ur classes..
heya, it’s not pathetic dw! Always better to ask for advice than risk it and blow all your chances :smile: maybe if he puts something on his story that’s funny or interesting or you can relate to eg music reply to his story and tell him, then if he’s a nice guy he’ll have a conversation with you and maybe you can take things from there? Let me know how it goes!
Original post by davesantana
where do u see him if he aint in ur classes..

oo even though this is off topic what's your favourite song by dave?
Reply 6
Original post by acattelani
heya, it’s not pathetic dw! Always better to ask for advice than risk it and blow all your chances :smile: maybe if he puts something on his story that’s funny or interesting or you can relate to eg music reply to his story and tell him, then if he’s a nice guy he’ll have a conversation with you and maybe you can take things from there? Let me know how it goes!

He barely ever posts anything, and one of his friends told me that he’s got no experience with girls at all. I’ve spoken to him a few times, we’re both wanting to study the same thing at uni so we have that in common I guess. Idk, I just don’t want to scare him off I suppose, by being to forward?
oo even though this is off topic what's your favourite song by dave?

bruh the n****'s trash lol. it was just a good username rather than some other cringe
this sounds so ****ing similar to me lmao
Original post by davesantana
bruh the n****'s trash lol. it was just a good username rather than some other cringe

ouch his music is one of the best out of the uk scene, I think your ears are blocked
ouch his music is one of the best out of the uk scene, I think your ears are blocked

na i rather bump this fyre than dave

blessed are the ears blocked from daves music
Original post by -Quava-
blessed are the ears blocked from daves music

:/ sigh your missing out
Original post by rhea4562
He barely ever posts anything, and one of his friends told me that he’s got no experience with girls at all. I’ve spoken to him a few times, we’re both wanting to study the same thing at uni so we have that in common I guess. Idk, I just don’t want to scare him off I suppose, by being to forward?

Guys like it when girls are confident, just talk about your plans for uni and then maybe what he wants to do later? Dw you won’t be too forward but if you initiate conversation, it’ll seem like you’re interested which you are so just go for it

Quick Reply