The Student Room Group

I feel so alone

I'm in secondary school and currently in Year 11.. I always sit alone in lessons, I have no friends so I just sit at that library in school all alone pretending to do my work. All I want is someone to speak to me in school that I respect, if someone just comes up to me and ask about my day (which will never happen) it would make my day completely. I'm so pathetic that I'm at a stage that once I actually speak to someone I get clingy as I don't have many other options. (none at all lol) People bully me all the time while I just sit there and even when I come home it stays in my head I feel depressed all the time I legit haven't smiled in so long. And I'm staying in the SAME sixth form as I was too lazy to apply to any other.. I really do hate myself for this and many other things.. My self-esteem is so low I find it hard to say hi and even for instance is someone drops something and they don't realise I don't have the guts to tell them but I want to. I really hope that what these people have done to me in this school notice someday but I know they never will. And it makes me sad to know this.. I feel so much anxiety when we have to do group work because no one will pick me. I hate my life so much and I feel so alone all the time and it's not a nice feeling at all.
Reply 1
man, this hits the feels. Just get through it my guy, it'll get better. **** all these young unmature *****es. They aren't friends to be with. When you get in uni, you'll start to actually have a chance to talk to real men and adults. People who actually have respect for one another.
I think that you should remember that things will change when you go to sixth form start fresh and be who you want to be, so many new people who won't know you will mean you will definitely get the opportunity to make friends. I would say just try your best to be nice to be people and respectful even if they might not do the same to you. Focus on improving yourself in ways that you can better yourself - academically, physically etc. You could also try something new like getting a job, which would mean you speak to different people, build up your confidence and also make money. Just make sure you realise that things will change and I understand that it must be hard for you but focus on yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think that you should remember that things will change when you go to sixth form start fresh and be who you want to be, so many new people who won't know you will mean you will definitely get the opportunity to make friends. I would say just try your best to be nice to be people and respectful even if they might not do the same to you. Focus on improving yourself in ways that you can better yourself - academically, physically etc. You could also try something new like getting a job, which would mean you speak to different people, build up your confidence and also make money. Just make sure you realise that things will change and I understand that it must be hard for you but focus on yourself.

Original post by ibyghee
man, this hits the feels. Just get through it my guy, it'll get better. **** all these young unmature *****es. They aren't friends to be with. When you get in uni, you'll start to actually have a chance to talk to real men and adults. People who actually have respect for one another.

I'm very self aware on what people think of me and I find it so hard to concentrate on myself but I'll try my best.
Reply 4
It will get better - I promise you, it will pass. You won't feel like this forever, so please give yourself a break. Are there any volunteer opportunities for you in the school, in the library for the example, where you will talk to people in passing and build up your confidence? Or perhaps reach out on social media (a little comment here, a like there) to interact in a softer way. Smiling also goes a long way to making yourself and others feel great.
I'm in secondary school and currently in Year 11.. I always sit alone in lessons, I have no friends so I just sit at that library in school all alone pretending to do my work. All I want is someone to speak to me in school that I respect, if someone just comes up to me and ask about my day (which will never happen) it would make my day completely. I'm so pathetic that I'm at a stage that once I actually speak to someone I get clingy as I don't have many other options. (none at all lol) People bully me all the time while I just sit there and even when I come home it stays in my head I feel depressed all the time I legit haven't smiled in so long. And I'm staying in the SAME sixth form as I was too lazy to apply to any other.. I really do hate myself for this and many other things.. My self-esteem is so low I find it hard to say hi and even for instance is someone drops something and they don't realise I don't have the guts to tell them but I want to. I really hope that what these people have done to me in this school notice someday but I know they never will. And it makes me sad to know this.. I feel so much anxiety when we have to do group work because no one will pick me. I hate my life so much and I feel so alone all the time and it's not a nice feeling at all.

literally same. I'm in year 13. I moved school for sixthform and what you are saying in your post is literally my day to day life for the past 2 years, I dont even talk to my old class mates from my last school. Just know that you're not alone and hopefully things get better for the both of us.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by HJLT
It will get better - I promise you, it will pass. You won't feel like this forever, so please give yourself a break. Are there any volunteer opportunities for you in the school, in the library for the example, where you will talk to people in passing and build up your confidence? Or perhaps reach out on social media (a little comment here, a like there) to interact in a softer way. Smiling also goes a long way to making yourself and others feel great.

I don't think I'm confident enough in trying any of that just yet.. Maybe during the summer? :P
You'll meet new people in sixth form and make friends with people you never would've expected.

I would say to be more active in your pursuit for friends. From what I can tell you are waiting for someone to come to you, which would rarely happen unless it's for homework help. Don't force it though but try make conversation with the people who sit next to you in class or something? Start off small with that.

Join any clubs you have in your school, eg Chess Club. Social places are a nice place to start.

hello! I am in this same situation although I do not get bullied, I'm afraid that since everyone has already made friends it will be weird if I just start talking to groups of people after all these years, this may be ironic for me to say - but in my school everyone is judgemental and there aren't really any kids that are on their own like me- but if there's someone else you know in the classrooms who has social anxiety or doesn't have friends either they will definitely appreciate your company :smile: stay happy, everything will get better
I don't think I'm confident enough in trying any of that just yet.. Maybe during the summer? :P

For confidence I'd also just say to fake it til you make it. I really wanted to improve my confidence and people skills so I forced myself to do NCS. Just pretend or feel that you are confident to give yourself a boost
Reply 10

I went through this I've just started to tell people about my anxiety and I acc has some sh*t friends who have left me now but I start therapy sessions soon, honestly done give up, if you want to message me privately you can I'm happy to talk or listen.
For confidence I'd also just say to fake it til you make it. I really wanted to improve my confidence and people skills so I forced myself to do NCS. Just pretend or feel that you are confident to give yourself a boost

I literally feel so shutdown due to certain people, if I was in a classroom full of less disruptive people I would be much more confident so personally it's just the people who make me feel down everyday and it really hurts me that they don't even have an ounce of empathy to see what I'm going through because I go through so much no one would understand.. The thing is everyone in my school are sheeps so I dont really have much people to speak to. Even the less confident people have their own friends and don't even want to speak to me..

concentrate on your exams and leave on the day you get your results, you can still reapply to sixth forms then. Recreate yourself elsewhere x
I literally feel so shutdown due to certain people, if I was in a classroom full of less disruptive people I would be much more confident so personally it's just the people who make me feel down everyday and it really hurts me that they don't even have an ounce of empathy to see what I'm going through because I go through so much no one would understand.. The thing is everyone in my school are sheeps so I dont really have much people to speak to. Even the less confident people have their own friends and don't even want to speak to me..

If they're sheep then that's a hard one, unless you manage to befriend the leader.
dude im in the exact same situation except im in my last year of sixth form, just focus on your education, ignore what the people around you are saying, i know its hard to do but just think about your future.
once your done with sixth form you can go to uni or college and make real friends there who respect you.
If they're sheep then that's a hard one, unless you manage to befriend the leader.

The thing is, I wasn't a loner throughout secondary school.. It all started in Year 9 (or year 8 I think) where this one boy used to bully me and I was actually slightly popular however I let him do it.. The most popular boy in the school told me if anyone messes with me I should tell him even my other friends had told me that.. But I didn't want to be seen as a p**** although no one would literally speak out against me because they would kinda fear me. I regret not doing that ever since as he started to become more popular and people started to lose respect for me and now the whole class started to laugh at me. It's so funny how people change when your in need.. It's funny. Ever since I had lost ALL my confidence and other people started to bully me too. I feel so low I want to cry everyday I even cried whilst making this thread.
Omds I felt the same in year 11 and sixth form
Does anyone else feel that once you become good friends with someone you can't approach them sometimes because you think that they'll think you're a beg.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending